Expedition in Nepal
Mount Pumori Expedition (7161m) was first climbed in 1962 by a German – Swiss expedition. Mount. Pumori expedition is one of the most popular and delightful mountain which is situated in the Northwest of Nepal, Khumbu Region. This is a moderate technical pyramid snow and rock mountain for climbing. Generally three camps are set in the approach above the base camp for climbing. Our normal route is classic South-East Ridge for climbing. The summit from Pumori provides excellent photography views of snowy mountains which will be a great perception for mountaineers. Our mission is to lead the way for the best possible chance for success but adventure is one step beyond your expectation.
Normal route: This is the easier route to climb this peak and most of the expedition coteries climbed this peak so by applying this route. As you know Pumori is not easy as like the other mountains, there are difficult technical parts in this route as well. We suggest you that, you should take climbing Sherpa; and who will guide you nicely to reach you on the top of Pumori. You need to have at least 3 camps after base camp to reach the summit. The base camp is just above Gorek Shep at the altitude of 5300m. After base camp, you can set up first camp at the altitude of 5,650m, around the phase of Mount Pumori .
You should set second camp at the ridge after the phase at the altitude of 6,000m. The most technical part for this peak is around camp 1 and 2. You should set camp 3 at the altitude of 6,480m, around the corner after the ridge. You can ascend summit from the camp 3 to the top of Pumori. Most of the climbers use this route every year for the expedition to Mt. Pumori to limb.
South - West ridge: Some very few climbers tried this route, but it is very difficult route. This route follows directly from the top of Kalapathar and goes straight over the ridge nearly by 75 Degree. As this route has lot of technical difficulties; so we suggest you to use the normal route for the Mt. Pumori and your group will comfortably reach on its Top. For the more information please check Himalayan Journal 1996 or American Alpine Journal 1997.
* Rim of the Kathmandu valley excursion
* To and from Lukla mountain flight
* Summit Mount Pumori (7161m)
* Stunning views of Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Nuptse and other surrounding high peaks.
* Explore the high valleys and experience the authentic Sherpa culture and tradition.
* Gain a technical peak climbing experience for climbing peaks over 8000 meters.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1317m)
- Day 02: Valley excursion, official procedure and other arrangements for Mt. Pumori expedition
- Day 03: Valley excursion, official procedure and other arrangements for Mt. Pumori expedition
- Day 04: Kathmandu fly to Lukla (2886m) and trek to Phakding (2656m)
- Day 05: Lukla trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
- Day 06: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazzar
- Day 07: Namche Bazzar trek to Tyangboche Monastery (3867m)
- Day 08: Tyangboche trek to Pheriche (4243m)
- Day 09: Acclimatization day in Pheriche
- Day 10: Pheriche trek to Lobuche (4930m)
- Day 11: Lobuche trek to Pumori Base Camp (5357m)
- Day 12: Climbing training at Pumori Base Camp
- Day 13- 28: Climbing Period of Mount Everest: Camp I (5700m) Camp II (6200m), Camp III (6480m) & Summit (7161m)
- Day 29: Clean up base camp and packing
- Day 30: Base camp trek down to Pheriche (4243m)
- Day 31: Pheriche trek to Namche Bazzar (3440m)
- Day 32: Namche trek to Lukla (2886m)
- Day 33: Lukla fly to Kathandu (1317m) 35 minutes
- Day 34: Leisure day and official procedure to collect garbage deposit
- Day 35: Leisure day and official procedure to collect summit report
- Day 36: Departure day
|Trip Duration||36 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-PUM - 220|
|Maximum Altitude||Summit Mt. Pumori (7161m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 12 persons in one climbing group|
|Accessibillity||35 minutes, round trip Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu.|
|The Route||South Ridge (First climbed in 1962 by a German – Swiss expedition)|
|Permit Fee||Mt. Pumori Expedition USD 500 on Spring season, USD 250 on Autumn season, USD 125 on Winter/Summer|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and teahouse/lodges and tented accommodation during the climbing period.|
- Fee: Royalty fee of Mt. Pumori expedition, national park entrance permit.
- Activities: Sightseeing, trekking and expedition as per the guideline itinerary.
- Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes upto higher camp for members, staffs and common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- Accommodation: 6 night’s hotel accommodation in city and 28 nights lodges/tent during trekking and expedition period.
- Food: Full board on teahouse/tented [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and expedition upto Pumori base camp and 6 breakfasts in city.
- Staffs: Trekking Leader/Guide, high altitude Sherpa, Liaison officer and necessary supporter for expedition
- Transportation: Arrival/departure transfer and surface road-head transportation and Scheduled flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and return flight to Kathmandu.
- Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes & official service charges. And food, air and road-head transportation, equipments, daily allowance of expedition suppoters.
- International flight and departure taxes
- Original entry visa into Nepal
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Personal travel insurance covering such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Related charges for communication equipment and filming applied as per the goverment rule and regulation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal by air/road cargo.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls etc.
- Oxygen & Mask regulator
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Garbage fee (Refundable)
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking and expedition crews
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.