Expedition in Nepal
Mount Thamserku Expedition (6608m) lies in Everest region which rises majestically to a saddle shaped summit from Khumbu and Hinku valley. Thamserku is a prominent mountain to the southwest of Namche Bazzar and lies just north of Kusum Kanggaru the Mountain is connected by a ridge leading eastward to Kangtega, another prominent mountain in Everest region. Mount Thamserku is a magnificent extreme expedition mountain. It is rated as difficult and Technical Mountain for climbing but most people like to explore it to face the challenge of nature. The Snow Saddle - is another beautiful mountain which rises majestically to a saddle shaped summit from Khumbu and Hinku valley and sits next to another prominent mountain Kangtega to the south.
Mount Thamserku expedition begins after the arrival of all climbers in Kathmandu, the group will meet up with the staffs of Nepal Adventure Point for introduction and briefing about the trip. The next day is the day for sightseeing in Kathmandu. You will be taken around for a tour of Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath, Patan and Swoyambhunath - the monkey temple. This tour will help you to understand about the historical and cultural background of Nepal, Kathmandu valley and the people of Nepal. The next couple of days are for checking equipments, final preparations, packing and other necessary document for Mount Thamserku Expedition.
After official procedure we have 35 minutes spectacular scheduled flight to Lukla from Kathmandu on a small aircraft will take you to the gateway to the Everest region then commence trek to Phakding and trek towards Namche Bazzar. We will spend two nights at Namche Bazzar for acclimatization. From Namche we take through Khumjung to Phunki Tenga then head towards Thamserku base camp. We spend couple of day at base camp for climbing training such as; how to use Oxygen, mask and regulator.
Normally, three camps are set in the approach above the Thamserku base camp (4,750m), however, only two camps are used to spend the night. The ascent from Base Camp to camp one is considered one the difficult days of the expedition. We follow old grassy moraine ridges passing through a saddle and then turning to north climbing up rocky ground and through boulders to the ridge where camp 1 is set up. From Camp I (5100m)your first real camp is only one and half hours walk above Yak camp. This section is marked by rock cairns and involves boulder hopping and some easy scrambling. You sometimes fix a couple of sections with rope to be used as a handrail. Camp II (5600m), now for the hardest snow and ice pitches of the route. Camp III (6200m), a cold and exposed position is the start of your summit push. The Sherpas will often use a full climbing rope to tie our tents down as the natural shape of the mountain can at times unfortunately funnel the wind to this location. It is however the only safe flat piece of real estate within range of the summit. After the summit, you will return to Kathmandu and the farewell dinner will be at typical Nepali restaurant enjoying together with Nepali culture show program.
* Rim of the Kathmandu valley excursion
* Scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and return to Kathmandu
* Summit Mount Thamserku (6608m)
* Rewarded by stunning views of Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Amadablam 6812m and many other snow-capped peaks within Everest region.
* Experience the warm and friendly Sherpa Highland ethnic tribe community who practice unique culture and traditions.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1317m)
- Day 02: Valley excursion, official procedure and other arrangements for Mount Thamserku expedition
- Day 03: Valley excursion, official procedure and other arrangements for Mount Thamserku expedition
- Day 04: Kathmandu fly to Lukla (2886m) and trek to Phakding (2656m)
- Day 05: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
- Day 06: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazzar
- Day 07: Namche Bazzar trek to Phunki Tenga (3640m)
- Day 08: Phunki Tenga to Thamserku Base Camp (4750m)
- Day 09: Climbing training at Base Camp
- Day 10-23: Climbing period of Thamserku Camp I (5100m), Camp II (5600m) Camp III (6200m) and Summit Thamserku
- Day 24: Clean up base camp and packing (4750m)
- Day 25: Base camp trek back to Namche Bazzar (3440m)
- Day 26: Namche Bazzar trek to Lukla (2840m) 7-hrs
- Day 27: Lukla fly to Kathmandu (1317m) 35 minutes
- Day 28: Leisure day and official procedure to collect garbage deposit
- Day 29: Leisure day in Kathmandu
- Day 30: Departure day
|Trip Duration||30 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-THM - 223|
|Maximum Altitude||Summit Mt. Thamserku (6,608m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 12 persons in one climbing group|
|Accessibillity||35 minutes, round trip Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu.|
|The Route||Normal route|
|Permit Fee||Mt. Thamserku Expedition USD 400 on Spring season, USD 200 on Autumn season, USD 100 on Winter/Summer|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B teahouse/lodges and tented accommodation during the climbing period.|
- Royalty fee of Mt. Thamserku peak permit,national park entrance permit.
- Activities: Sightseeing, trekking and expedition as per the guideline itinerary.
- Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes upto higher camp for members, staffs and common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- Accommodation: 6 night’s hotel accommodation in city and 23 nights lodges/Tent during trekking and expedition period.
- Food: Full board on teahouse/tented [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and expedition upto Thamserku base camp and 6 breakfasts in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Trekking Leader/Guide, high altitude Sherpa, Liaison officer and necessary supporter for expedition
- ransportation: Arrival/departure transfer and surface road-head transportation and Scheduled flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and return flight to Kathmandu..
- Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes & official service charges. And food, air and road-head transportation, equipments, daily allowance of expedition supporters.
- Your international flight.
- Original entry visa into Nepal
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Personal travel insurance covering such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Related charges for communication equipment and filming applied as per regulation
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal by air/road cargo.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls etc.
- Oxygen & Mask regulator
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Garbage fee (Refundable)
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking and expedition crews
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.