Peak Climbing in Nepal
Pachermo Peak climbing (6,187m) lies in the Rolwaling region of Nepal. It is one of the attractive peaks in Nepal and can be approached either from busy trekking trail of Khumbu region or from the off beaten trail of Rolwaling region. It is a straightforward snow peak first climbed in 1955 along a well defined north-by-northwest ridge rising from a relatively flat, but crevassed, glacier that is still the main route to the summit.
Approached from Rolwaling Region can be considering a classic way of summiting Pacharmo Peak. This way you will have good time to acclimatize yourself before summiting the peak, an opportunity to trek through one of the most isolated and culturally diverse area of Rolwaling valley which lies in the east west valley below Mount Gauri Shankar (7,145m) also encountering a dangerous and exciting pass Tashi Lapcha (5,755m) then finally summiting the Pacharmo Peak (6,187m). This is a great way of doing it
Our approach from Khumbu region follows Everest Base Camp trek trail till Namche Bazaar. Then the trails turn west to Thame and then Thengpo to Ngole to set up the base camp on the moraines (5,100m). We further continue trekking north-east of the icefall of Tasi Lapcha and arrive just below the rock walls where we fix high camp on rocky terraces (5,500m). From the high camp we gain the ridge of Pacharmo which is raised from the glaciers of Tasi Lapcha Pass. We follow the ridge without much difficulty but some time crevasses can cause some problems near to the summit.
- Sightseeing tour of historical, cultural, religious heritages sites of Kathmandu valley
- Scenic road driving to Dolkha/Shigati from Kathmandu
- Excellent views of Makalu, Gaurishankar and Everest range
- Naturally, culturally, traditionally enriched
- Walk around highest Tso Rolpa ice Lake
- Summit Pachermo Peak and Tashilapcha Pass
- Unique culture and tradition of the local people
- Unique year round extensive flora & fauna
- Visiting Thame Monastery
- Scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
|Trip Grade||Moderate to Adventures|
|Trip Duration||21 Nights/22 Days|
|Maximum Altitude||Pachermo Peak (6187m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 12 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||5-hrs drive by bus to Dolkha and 35 minutes flight to Kathmandu from Lukla.|
|The Route||Maximum altitude Pachermo Peak (6187m) crossing Tashilapcha Pass (5755m), 5/7-hrs average walking per day, Moderate to strenuous trail.|
|Season||Sept – Nov/March - April|
|Permit Fee||Spring: (Mar-Apr-May) USD 250 – Autumn: (Sep-Oct-Nov) USD 125 – Winter: (Dec-Jan-Feb) USD 70 – Summer: (Jun-Jul-Aug) USD 70 per passenger and maximum number of members in a team is 15 people|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and teahouse/lodges and tented accommodation during the climbing period.|
- Documents: Pachermo Peak permit, national park entrance permit & TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, trekking and climbing as per itinerary.
- Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes and sleeping bag if necessary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu and 17 nights Tented during trekking
- Food: Full board on teahouse/camping [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and 4 breakfasts in city.
- Staffs: Group Leader/Guide, Climbing Sherpa and necessary supporters.
- Transportation: Arrival/departure transfer and surface road-head transportation and Kathmandu to Lukla and return flight
- Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes & official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- Your international flight
- Travel insurance covering with emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel, trekking and equipments
- Lunch and dinner while in City
- Bar bills and Beverages
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fee while sightseeing in city
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.