Around Annapurna Biking Tour
Around Annapurna Biking Tour - An ideal trip from the World's deepest Gorge to the World's Highest Pass
Around Annapurna Biking Tour begin on the day of your arrival, a briefing program will be arranged in your hotel to brief you about the daily program during tour. The second day will be a Kathmandu excursion day and you will visit some heritage and pilgrimage sites of Kathmandu such as Durbar Square, Kasthamandap, Swoyambhunath (Monkey temple), Patan Durbar Square, Krishna temple, etc. The next day you will have a scenic 6-7 hours of drive to Bulbule of Lamjung district. The fourth day is the real starting of your biking trekking. You will start to ride from Bulbule to reach Jagat (1300m), an attractive village passing a majestic waterfall, watching Langur monkeys along the way through Ngadi, Lampata and Bahundanda. Leave Jagat to reach Dharapani descending and ascending through the trail passing by some hot springs, waterfalls, forests, etc. Crossing the Marshyangdi river and making several ups and down the trail forwards through bamboo and rhododendron forest to Tal Besi and to the foot of a large waterfall which is known as Tal (1675m). Descending following the east bank of river, the trek gets to Karte and climbs to Dharapani (1920m). From here, you will take trail through enters the east- west Manang valley in a forest of blue pine, spruce, hemlock, maple and reaches to Bagarchap, Dhanakyu, Lata Marang, Thanchok, and Koto. Trekkers who want to explore Nar & Phu Valley and Manang valley as a whole go ahead though another route from Koto. You will reach Chame, the administrative headquarter of Manang district in half an hour horse ride from Koto.
From Chame excellent views of Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II and Annapurna IV can be witnessed. The 7th day, horse riding through the pine forests and apple orchards you will reach Pisang village, upper part of Manang Valley. After a night’s rest in Pisang, you have two route options. If taken the low route, an interesting village of where normally, we go from the high route from where we reach Ngawal (3657m), a medieval village. Ahead we will reach Ghyaru, another medieval village from where views of Lamjung Himal, Annapurna lll, and Gangapurna can be seen. Finally, we descend to Manang it takes about 4-hrs from Ghyaru to Manang. If you take low road we ride direct to the interesting village of Braga (3550m), we will reach interesting village of Braga (3550m), where there is a monastery about 900 years old and belongs to the Kargyupa sect of Tibetan Buddhism, and contains some unique works of art. In 30 minutes ride you will reach Manang from here. The day 9th will be the acclimatization day in Manang, while you can even enjoy excellent views of IV, Annapurna II and Tarke Kang (7193m). If you descend from the village you will see the glacial lake at the foot of the huge icefall that drops from Gangapurna (7454m).
From Manang you will reach Yak Kharkha through Marshyangdi valley, Gunsa and beautiful sparse juniper and barberry forests. Riding about an hour further you will reach Ledar. After climbing along east bank of Jar sang Khola, a short descent will take you to Thorong Phedi. Following steep rocky ridges, you will reach one of the important and highest points of this trek, Thorong-Phedi from where you can view excellent views of Mt Dhaulagiri. After crossing a meadow the trial leads to the scared temple Muktinath.
You will come to a junction of two routes after descending from Muktinath, one route leads you to Jomsom and another to Kagbeni that leads you to Upper Mustang. In this horse riding trek, you will march ahead to Jomsom. Those with shorter time limits can fly from Pokhara form Jomsom. Those who want to bike ahead reach Kalapani after several ups and downs through Marpha. After you reach Tatopani, you can relax and stretch your tried legs in the hot springs here. Being via Ghorepani, a Magar village, you will enjoy panoramic views from Poon hill and finally rest at a lodge in Tadapani. If you have fewer time limits, you can take another way via Tirkhedhunga and Birethati to reach Nayapul and finally drive to Pokhara. Otherwise, you can go further to Ghandrung and reach Dhampus through Modi Khola, Bheri Kharka, Deurali, etc to reach Phedi and finally drive to Pokhara from Phedi.
- Visit temples, Art/architecture/Pagodas and heritage sites in Kathmandu
- A classic biking trek on ancient trade routes
- Both mid-hills and Trans Himalayan semi-Tibetan cultural experiences
- Visit to old Buddhist monastery in Braga
- Explore beautiful Manang Village
- Stunning mountain views
- One of the world's most popular high pass biking journeys (Thorong-La) offering views of Lamjung Himal, Annapurna Himal family (I,II,III,IV), Machhapuchhre Himal, Manaslu Himal, Dhaulagiri range, Dhaulagiri ice-flow, Tilicho peak, Tibetan ranges etc
- The Pilgrimage town of Muktinath
- Journey through deepest gorge of the world, Kali Gandaki valley
- Natural hot springs at Totopani
- Magnificent Himalayan sunrise sight from the Poon hill
- Vast range of bio-diversity on trail conserved wild life and vegetation
- Cultural exchange with different community with majority of Gurungs, Magars, Brahmin, Ksetri and Thakali.
- Lake valley of Pokhara
|Trip Grade||Moderate to strenuous trail.|
|Trip Duration||18 Nights/19 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-MBT -004|
|Maximum Altitude||Throung Top (5416m)|
|Trip Cost||On Request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 passengers|
|Accessibillity||Kathmandu drive to Beshisahar/hudi to trail-head from Kathmandu or Pokhara, start biking trek according to the itinerary, after Thorong-La pass from Jomsom fly back or biking trek to Pokhara.|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (5416m) Thorong -La passes 4/6-hrs average biking and walking per day in strenuous trails.|
|Season||Autumn: September – November and Spring: March - April|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018.|
|Trip Facilities||Tourist standard hotel in city and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
- Fee: ACAP entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing and biking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 3 night’s hotel in Kathmandu, 1 night hotel Pokhara on twin sharing bedroom and 14 nights teahouse/lodge on twin or multi shared bedroom on mountain
- Food: 5 breakfast only
- Staffs: Biking Guide (Assistance guide group above 6 passengers)
- Transportation: Airport arrival and departure transfer.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- Travel insurance covering with emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal bike and biking equipments
- All lunch and dinner
- Bar bills and beverages
- Sherpa Porter or pack animal, if necessary to hire for carrying baggage
- Tips/Gratuities for your crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point