Lamjung Himal Base Camp Trek
Lamjung Himal base camp trek is located south of the Manaslu range and north of Gorkha which is offers an impressive view of the central Himalaya. The Lamjung Himal base camp trek journey traverses (4,000m) above the Marsyangdi gorge and quite near the Lamjung Himal. Between Kathmandu and Pokhara are three major groups of peaks: Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Himal Chuli; and the large Annapurna Himal. Lamjung Himal trek is recommended by many trekkers, at a convenient distance from Kathmandu and famous for the Tamang culture, spectacular views of mountains & rhododendron forestsThe view of the Manaslu west face, Peak 29, and Himalchuli are the highlights on this trip.
Overviews: Lamjung Himal base camp trek starts from Besisahar which is about 180km away from the capital city Kathmandu. The trail go after Ghalegaun which offers the massif views of the Annapurna range, Manaslu, Fishtail and Lamjung Himal. The route to the base camp gives trekkers the opportunity of experiencing wilderness. The virgin trail follows the Rhododendron forest full with diversified species of flora and fauna, mountain ridges, and unique landscapes. The exclusive trek fulfills the trekker’s desire of bird watching while crossing the beautiful rhododendron forests. Most of the inhabitants are Gurung and Ghale in upper parts and Kshetri Brahmin, Newar lives in southern lowland area. The main occupation of Lamjung people have farming, animal husbandry, tourism, British and Indian Gurkha army, government service and new youngster go to work abroad.
- Visit temple, Art/architecture and Pagodas, heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Lake valley of Pokhara city
- Totally up-spoilt trekking area and less visited trekking route
- Unforgettable closer Mountain view
- Mid-hill cultural and total wildness experience
- Inhabited by different ethnical groups
- Wildlife observation, flora & fauna, butterflies, many kinds of Rhododendrons.
- Unique photographic destination
|Trip Grade||Easy to Moderate|
|Trip Duration||13 Nights/14 Days|
|Trip Start/Ends||Besishahar - Kalikasthan - Pokhara|
|Maximum Altitude||Rambrong Danda (3505m)|
|Trip Cost||USD 1365 per person|
|Group Size||2 to 16 people|
|Accessibillity||Drive to Beshishahar to trail-head from Kathmandu and start the trek according to the itinerary|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (3505m) 5-6-hrs average walking per day easy to moderate trail.|
|Season||Sept – Nov/March - April|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018.|
|Trip Facilities||Tourist standard hotel in city and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath temple : the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley
Early morning drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar. It takes 5-6 hours to reach Bseisahar by regular bus from Kathmandu.
This day after walking 6/7 hours ascending up hill after we will reach Ghalegaun. We can also hire a jeep which will take 3 hours and after walking 1 hour we will reach Ghalegaun. Here we will be welcomed by local villagers with garlands and Tika. This Ghalegaun village has major settlement of Gurung community (one of the ethnic groups of Nepal), at night we will enjoy Gurung cultural show organized by locals. From here we can see whole Manaslu range including Lamjung himal, Annapurna III, IV, Machhapuchhre.
his day we will walk through ascending trail crossing various rhododendron forests and hills covered with different flowering plants and on the way we can see plenty of wild animals too. From Ghalegaun till Tanting we will not see any kinds of settlements, we could only see pack of sheep’s and goats rearing on the grasslands and it is very quiet and calm area. We will walk around 5 hours to reach Maidu, from here we can see scenic views of hills and snow capped mountains
This day on the way to Kyubara we will walk 6/ 7 hours mostly through the trail which is in the upper level of the hill. From here we can see very beautiful views of various mountain ranges such as Manaslu, Lamjung himal, Himlung himal, Annapurna II, III, IV and looking downwards we will see beautiful village settlements.
This day also on the way to Furju Dewrali, we will walk 5/6 hours through the upper level of the hill. In this trekking route water is scarce, because this trail lies on the top level of the hill
This is little difficult trail, en route we may find ice deposit. It is not a busy route and following narrow trail we will reach Lamjung Himal Base Camp.
This is also a narrow and difficult trail. Starting from Lamjung Himal Base Camp it will take 5/6 hours to reach Singaligoth. We will descend for 3 three hours and afterwards crossing jungles we will reach Singaligoth.
This day we will walk for about 5/6 hours through descending and ascending trail towards Siklis village crossing through jungles. Silklis village is beautiful and is filled with Gurung communities one of the various ethnic communities of Nepal, most of the men in this community are enrolled in British Gurkha and Indian army.
- Fee: ACAP entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu, 1 night hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing bedroom and 09 nights teahouse/lodge on twin or multi bedroom during trekking.
- Food: Full board on teahouse/lodge (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in city.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival and departure transfer, Kathmandu valley sightseeing by private transport, Kathmandu to Besishahar and Pokhara to Kathmandu transportation.
- Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes & official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- International and domestic flight
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel and trekking equipments
- All lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point