Tashilacha Pass Trek
Tashilapcha pass trek is lies on Rolwaling Himal has a unique environment and is exceptionally rich in bio-diversity which makes this region one of the finest tourist destinations in Nepal. Rolwaling Himal is a sub-range of the Himalaya, located in north central Nepal and extending into south central Tibet. The highest mountain in the range is Melungtse (7181m), located on the Tibetan side. Gauri Sankar (7145m) is the second highest peak of the range, and is located on the Nepal-Tibet border. About 20 km to the northeast of the Rowaling Himal is the Khumbu Himal which includes Mount Everest (8848m) and Cho Oyu (8201m). The range is bounded on the south by the Rolwaling Valley which contain several small villages and Beding, the largest town in the area. Access to the valley and the mountains of the range is made on foot through an established trail system starting at Charikot.
Rolwaling has a unique environment and is exceptionally rich in bio-diversity which makes this region one of the finest tourist destinations in Nepal. The region consists of Tamang settlements combined with majestic mountain ranges and several kinds of vegetation. On Rolwaling trek, you will be enchanted by the panoramic views of Pharchamo Peak (6187m) and Ramdung (5925m). This remote area is a challenging and rewarding trekking destination.
- Visit temple, Art/architecture, pogadas and heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Excellent views of Makalu, Gaurishankar and Everest range
- Rolwaling valley and Rolwaling Himal
- Views of Pharchamo and Ramdung peak
- Unique culture and tradition of the local people
- Visiting Thame Monastery
- Scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
|Trip Grade||Strenuous to Adventures|
|Trip Duration||20 Nights/21 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-ROL - 206|
|Trip Start/Ends||Kathmandu, Dolkha/Lukla, Kathmandu|
|Maximum Altitude||Tashilapcha Pass (5755m)|
|Trip Cost||On Request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||5-hrs drive by bus to Dolkha and 35 minutes flight to Kathmandu from Lukla.|
|The Route||Crossing Tashilapcha Pass (5755m), 5/7-hrs average walking per day, Moderate to strenuous trail.|
|Season||Sept – Nov / March - April|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre-trek briefing will be given in the evening at hotel about the daily program activities by your Group Leader/Guide.
Today after breakfast we start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu. Some of these landmarks include the World Heritage Sites: the historic Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupatinath, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swoyambhunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddhanath) which is one of the largest Stupas in the world. In the afternoon, there will be a pre-trip discussion where we can meet our trek leader and other team members. Nepal Adventure Point briefs us regarding our trek as well as provides us opportunity to ask any questions we may have regarding our upcoming adventure.
We catch an early morning flight to Kathmandu after our long mountain journey. After reaching Kathmandu, we can take a rest or do some souvenir shopping. If we want to explore any other areas of Kathmandu, we may do that today. Our guides can help you with both souvenirs shopping or sightseeing.
We allow a Leisure day in Kathmandu incase the flight from Lukla is canceled due to weather. If you are in Kathmandu we will take you on a guided tour to Bhaktapur Durbar Square, one of the oldest cities in the valley.
Your adventure in Nepal comes to an end today! There is nothing to do but trade emails with your travel companions and organize your photos. A representative from Nepal Adventure Point will take you to the airport, approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight. On your way home you'll have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.
- Fee: Sagarmatha national park entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking, trekking as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin shering bedroom and 16 nights lodges/tented on twin or multi shared bedroom on mountain
- Food: Full board on teahouse/tent (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation.
- Transliortation: All airport arrival/deliarture transfer and surface road-head transliortation and Kathmandu to Lukla and return flight
- Comliany and Government’s service charge: All alililicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equiliment, air and road-head transliortation
- Your international flight
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel and trekking equipments
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.