Ghorepani Horse Riding Trek
Ghorepani horse riding trek is ideal and one of the major and also famous trekking routes in Annapurna region. Ghorepani, horse riding trek area is located in Annapurna region and is truly called as one the best short trekking in Nepal as the route explores the foothills of central Himalaya passing through different villages providing fabulous views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massifs.
Ghorepani horse riding trek starting from Pokhara and being through beautiful rhododendron and oak forests, green hills, Buddhist monasteries, icy waterfalls, hot springs, turbulent rivers, deep gorges, deep sub-tropical valleys and traditional villages that are the home of variety of hospitable ethnic groups, the trial takes you to the beautiful hill stations like Ghorepani,Ghandrung, and Poon Hill from where you can have panoramic views of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167m.), Mt.Nilgiri (6940m), Annapurna South (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Machapurhre (the Fishtail mountain, (6,993m), Annapurna I (8,091m.), II (7,937 m), III (7,555 m), IV (7,525 m), Mardi Himal (5,587m) Lamjung Himal (6931m). The Poon Hill is one of the best points of this trek offering stunning sunrise view between the snow-capped mountains.
* Rim of the the Kathmandu valley
* Mid -hill cultural explore, Gurung, Magar, Brahmin, and Ksetri are the inhabitants mainly
* One of the best views from Poon Hill
* Unforgettable short journey with horse
* A great photographic site showing whole Annapurna, Dhaulagiri ranges
* Excellent views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Annapurna South, Mahhapurche
* Sunrise at Poonhill, Explore Gurung culture in Ghandruk
* Visit Annapurna conservation office.
* Lake valley of Pokhara
|Trip Grade||Easy Riding|
|Trip Duration||09 nights/10 days|
|Maximum Altitude||Poon Hill (3200m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||Kathmandu 7-hrs drive to Pokharaand start the trek according to itinerary and drive back to Kathmandu|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (3200m) Poon Hill, 5/6-hrs average horse riding/walking per day, easy trail.|
|Season||Sept – Nov in Autumn and March - April in Spring|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and teahouse/lodges accommodation on mountain|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swoyambunath) Pashupatinath and Bouddnath: In the morning we start our sightseeing by visiting Kathmandu Durbar Square. Durbar Square is the spiritual heart of Kathmandu. The old royal palace at the centre of the city was surrounded by temples and other important buildings. This is the most important point in Kathmandu to observe the culture and religion of Nepal. We also visit the temple of living goddess Kumari. After Durbar Square we will visit Swoyambhunath. The Stupa at Swoyambhunath is the most important and oldest site of Buddhist worship in Nepal. Swoyambhunath Stupa is famous for the eyes of Buddha which seem to observing the world from all 4 directions. After Swoyambhunath we visit beneath. Beneath is the largest Stupa of Nepal. Around the octagonal base of Stupa there are 108 images of Buddha where prayer ceremonies of Buddhist Lamas are taking place since over 2000 years. Now we proceed to the temple city of Pashupatinath which is Nepal's most important Hindu pilgrim site on the banks of the Bagmati River. The temple of Pashupatinath is dedicated to god Shiva.
After breakfast from Pokhara we drive to Nayapul (1050m) which is take one and half hours drive then your trek begin following the path of Modi Khola passing Birethanti (1115m), a large and prosperous town. From there you will reach Tirkhedhunga (1577m.) which takes about four hours.
After breakfast your trek begins from Tirkhedhunga. The trail crosses Tikhedhunga you could ascend continuing steeply to the large Magar village of Ulleri (2080m) and climbs to Banthanti (2250m). On the way, you could see good view of Machhapuchhre or Fish Tail (6997m.), Huinchuli (6441m.), and Annapurna South ((7219m). Now your trail easier passing through rhododendron forest gently climb to Nanggethanti (2460m) and walking an hour uphill you will reach Ghorepani. On the way to Ghorepani you could see some of the wild life such as monkey and various species of birds.
After breakfast we start our trek. You will climb to Gurung Hill, crossing pine and rhododendron forests with excellent views you will trek down to Deaurali (3190m), further trek down to Banthati (2650m). Passing Banthati trek down to the small river and climbing up the trail heads to Tadapani. From here the trail descends steeply through the forest to Bhaisi Kharka. Then the trail further descends to a stream, crossing the stream the trail proceeds towards Ghandrung, a beautiful village where you can have excellent views of Annapurna South and also the headquarters of Annapurna Conservation Area Project.
This day you will take a trip around Ghandrung valley. It really is a magnificent location and a photographer's delight. Our leisurely approach along these ridges with their fine mountain views ensures proper acclimatization and the un-hurried opportunity to fully savor this magnificent scenery.
The morning views of Annapurna South and Machapuchare are stunning, and will remain with us as we walk for around 4 hours on a broad trail that traverses and descends to Shauli Bazaar (1140m), on the banks of the Modi Khola. Passing through the lovely birch forest you will get to Birethanti an interesting village with traditional architecture, before continuing to the road-head at the busy market of Naya Pul. We transfer by coach to Pokhara and evening we will have a celebratory dinner with our trek staffs.
You will be back to Kathmandu
We allow a leisure day in Kathmandu. After breakfast, you are free in Kathmandu as your own for shopping and pick-up some last minute souvenirs. OR optional you may visit Kathmandu Durbar square and Ason Market.
Our adventure in Nepal comes to an end today! A Nepal Adventure Point representative will escort us to the airport approximately 3 hours before our scheduled flight. On our way home, we have plenty of time to plan our next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.
• Documents: All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP entrance permits and TIM’s card).
• Land transportation: All airport arrival and departures transfer and touring as per the itinerary, eturn transportation
• Activities: Sightseeing, horse ride trekking trip as per the itinerary.
• Accommodation: 4 night’s hotel in Kathmandu, 3 night hotel in Pokhara and 4 nights lodges during trekking.
• Food: Full board on teahouse [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking, Chitwan, 7 breakfasts and one farewell Dinner in Kathmandu.
• Staffs: Group Leader/Guide, necessary supporter, horse horsemen and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
• Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
• Kathmandu to Pokhara and return flight
• Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
• Personal travel and trekking equipments
• Lunch and dinner while in city
• Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
• Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
• Temple and monastery entrance fees
• Tips/Gratuities for trekking crews
• Optional activities
• Unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.