Royal Horse Riding Trek
Royal horse riding trek design for those who are unable to walk on foot but still wish to do treks adventure in the Himalayan? Royal horse ride trekking trail will be good for those trekkers who like to go in less tourist area of Annapurna region. This horse riding trek can be a lifetime experience for those who dream the Nepal Himalaya trekking. This short trek commences from Pokhara, the valley of lakes offering panoramic views of the Annapurna massif as also of the Lamjung and Manaslu Himal. This horse riding route was first used by His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales Prince Charles was in 1980.
Royal horse riding trek starts after a 20 minute drive from Pokhara and leads up in to a ridge-line through Brahmin and Chettri villages. It has to be climbed gently up to Kalikasthan then ride through top of the green hills, can see mountain ranges of Annapurna, Manasulu and Dhaulagiri including through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, Magars dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys.
The Royal horse riding adventure trip can be combine also an alternative day Helicopter tour programs for a people who have limit time and are not able to trek due to the physical conditions.
* Rim of the the Kathmandu valley
* One of the best views from Poon Hill
* Unforgettable short journey with horse
* A great photographic site showing whole Annapurna, Dhaulagiri ranges
* Excellent views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Annapurna South, Mahhapurche
* Lake valley of Pokhara
|Trip Grade||Riding an easy trail|
|Trip Duration||08 nights/09 days|
|Trip code||NAP- HRS – 003|
|Maximum Altitude||Syaklung (1730m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||Kathmandu drive to Pokhara and Bijayapur and after trekking return to Kathmandu|
|The Route||Easy trail, maximum altitude (1370m), about 5-6-hrs average riding per day, in easy trail.|
|Season||Sept – Nov in Autumn and March - April in Spring|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
Our guide pick you up from your hotel and transfer to the tourist bus station and drive approximately 6/7 hours to Pokhara (200km) through the beautiful river view & Nepalese countryside to reach the Pokhara. You will be arriving late afternoon at Pokhara approximately 2:00 O’clock and transfer to the hotel and rest of the time explores the surrounding lakeside areas. From the Pokhara valley you can see one of the most beautiful Himalayan panoramas in the world. The Annapurna and famous "Fishtail" mountain peak of Machhapuchhare tower over the tropical setting of Pokhara and you spend there will be the scenic highlight of your trip. You can also fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes about 25 minutes.
We horse ride trail starts through rice fields near the Army camp, and then ascends through Rakhi Gaon to a Chautara, a resting place under a large Pipal tree. En-route, you can enjoy the views in panorama. From here the horse ride trails climb gently along a ridge top through the Brahmin and Chhetris villages towards Kalikasthan at (1370m). At the end, you should climb a short distance to the campsite which is situated above the village with panoramic view of mountain, Begnas Tal and Pokhara city.
After breakfast the horse ride trails follow along the forested ridge top walking through the villages. We ride along the ridge of the mountain with good views of Annapurna and Lamjung Himal. This day we can explore many villages and the rhododendron forests. At the end, you could descend gently towards Syaklung. From here, you can see panoramic views of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna ranges, Lamjung Himal and Manasalu.
We ride through the Gurung village, rhododendron and Sal forest. Half way through the ride there is a 400m descent, then a 600m ascent to arrive at Chisapani. This is the best view point at which to see the Himalayan Panorama. You will see Dhaulagiri to the west of Annapurna.
From Chisopani Danda, you descend along the ridge for an hour or so and descend steeply along the stone steps, into a small valley and stream that feeds Rupa Taal. Continue horse ride for a short distance through rice fields, and then make a final ascent to the ridge that separates Begnas Tal and Rupa Tal. This ridge is called Sundari Danda (720m) means pretty Hills. From these hills, your horse ride trek continues climb gently and descends into Begnas Tal Bazaar. Now you can take a vehicle to get back to Pokhara.
You will be back to Kathmandu
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
• Documents: All necessary paper work and permits (Conservation/National Park entrance permits and TIM’s card).
• Activities: Sightseeing and riding and trekking trip as per itinerary.
• Accommodation: 3 night’s hotel in Kathmandu, 2 night hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing bedroommand 3 nights home-stay/lodges on twin or multi shared bedroom on mountain.
• Food: Full board on teahouse [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking, 5 breakfasts in city.
• Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
• Transportation: Arrival/Departure transfer and surface road-head transportation.
• Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charandes. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
• Kathmandu to Pokhara and return flight
• Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
• Personal travel and trekking equipments
• Lunch and dinner while in city
• Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
• Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
• Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
• Temple and Monastery entrance fee while sightseeing in city
• Optional activities
• And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.