Gosaikunda Circuit Trek
Gosainkunda circuit trek lies north of Kathmandu. Gosaikunda, one of the holiest lakes in Nepal, where thousands of pilgrims throng each August to bathe in its cold and spiritually refreshing water.. The Gosaikunda loop is quite remote and thinly populated area. Gosaikunda, a glacier lake, is the most famous one with several others glacier. You will visit Gosainkunda, one of the holiest lakes in Nepal, where thousands of pilgrims throng each August to bathe in its cold and spiritually refreshing water. This trek offers the experience of being in a typical Sherpa village and many ancient monasteries. The trek ends at Sundarijal.
- Kathmandu valley excursion
- Langtang national park
- Excellent Himalayan views of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Langtang, Dorje Lakpha
- Buddhist cultural experience
- Yak farming and cheese factory
- Religious Gosaikunda Lake
- Unique ethnic group and majority of Tamang, Chhetri, Brahamn & Tibetan
- Abundant wildlife and flowers.
- Sundarijal hydropower project
|Trip Grade||Moderate to strenuous trail|
|Trip Duration||10 Nights/11 Days|
|Trip Start/Ends||Dhunche, Rasuwa/Sundarijal, Kathmandu|
|Maximum Altitude||Gosaikunda Pass (4610m),|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||7- hrs drive to Dhunche from Kathmandu by regular bus|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (Gosaikunda pass (4610m), 5/7-hrs average walking per day, moderate to strenuous trail.|
|Season||Sept – Nov / March - April|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
You have breakfast being of the early morning and we drive to Dhunche by regular bus, its takes approximately 7/8 hrs. You see along the driving time good view Himalayas of Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and Langtang before Rani Pauwa where the most of the local buses stop for the tea break then down to Trisuli via a flat piece of land of Batar stop for Lunch (550m). After lunch we continue drive to Dhunche the head quarter of Rasuwa district where you’ll start to Langtang Trekking. In the evening you will prepare yourself for your trek to Langtang.
The trail from Dhunche crosses the river and heads through the forest. The first part of the trails follows slowly all the way through a mineral water industrial unit up to Ghatte Khola. After crossing a suspension bridge over the Ghatte Khola, the trek goes quite uphill until you reach Sing Gompa through dense pine, silver oak and rhododendron forests with marijuana plants. After completing this trail we will reach Sing Gompa where you will explore an old Yak Cheese Factory and visit Monastery.
From Sing Gompa the trail climbs gradually up and reaches Chalang Pati (3650m) where you have a splendid view of Langtang Lirung, Tibetan mountains and the forest filled with beautiful rhododendron and pine. From Chalang pati the route ascends up to a small temple with a statue of Sakyamuni and further climbing you can see good views of Saraswati Kunda after trekking some while you will have excellent views of Bhairav Kunda and climbing gently you will reach to Gosaikund Lake.
The trail leads to the northern side of Gosaikunda Lake, crosses a moraine, passing three more small lakes; you will reach Lauribina Pass (4610m). The trail descends to a National Park Post at Bhera Goth (4240m) and to Phedi (3740m). From Phedi the route drops and climbs through scrub bamboo to Dupichaur (3630m) and descends finally to Ghopte.
This day you can go further to the trail continues up ravines and across the boulders of old moraines below the wreckage of a Thai Airlines plane that crashed here in bad weather in 1992. Make a final ascent to Tharepati from here you will be at a junction of two routes, if you wish to visit the Helambu region then you can take another way via Tarkeghyang and Shermathang to reach Melamchi Pul Bazzar and finally drive to Kathmandu. From Tharepati the trail precedes passing through forests, to Magen Goth (3420m) and to Panghu. The trail descends through fir and rhododendron forest observing the view of beautiful and glittering peaks on its way to Kutumsang (2450m). Kutumsang is a typical Helambu village, outside the forest line, with terraces, crops and rice fields.
The trek continues along the forested ridge climbing to Thodang Betini (2260m) and to Chipling (2170m). Making a very steep descent the trail heads to Pati Bhanjyang (1860m), a Brahman and Chhetri village. Then the trail proceeds to Chisapani where you can see the mountain views and the sunrise on the Himalaya.
We start the day by climbing up the last pass of the trek at Borlang Bhanjyang, which lies at 2240 meter. From here we descend steeply through deeply eroded chasms towards the Tamang settlement of Mulkharka at 1800 meter. From here on it is a short bit to Sundarjial as we walk past the local water supply system and follow the water pipe to this village. From Sundarijal we can take local transportation, or have our private transport waiting for us to bring us back to Kathmandu
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing. Evening will have farewell meeting & dinner at Nepali typical restaurant.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Fee Langtang national park entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin shering bedroom and 6 nights teahouse/lodges on twin or multi shared bedroom on mountain
- Food: Full board on Teahouse (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer, Kathmandu to Dhunche and Sundarijal to Kathmandu transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- International domestic flight
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel and trekking equipments
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.