Gosaikunda Pilgrim Trek
Gosaikunda Pilgrim trek and Gosaikunda Lake is situated at the height of 4380 meters from sea level, and melts and sips down to form the Trishuli River. It is on the way of a popular trekking route of Langtang and Helambu trail. In fact there are 108 total lakes, small to medium in this area and also the challenging Lauribina La pass 4610 meters on its outskirts. During full moon in August each year both Hindu and Shamans hold a festival called Janai Purnima (Janai meaning sacred thread, and Purnima meaning the full moon) where important rites can be observed. We will arrive at Gosaikunda Lakes a day before this date. On this day Hindu men, especially the Brahmans and Chettris perform their annual change of Janai, a yellow cotton string worn across the chest or tied around the wrist of the right hand. This thread is only given to males during a lengthy and impressive religious ceremony called the Bratabandhan and change of the thread on the auspicious full moon day.
- Visit temple, Art/architecture and pogadas, heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Scenic road drive from to Dhunche
- Langtang national park
- A short destination trek from capital city
- Excellent Himalayan views
- Religious Gosaikunda Lake
- Abundant wildlife and flowers.
- Sundarijal hydropower project
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||8 nights/9 days|
|Trip code||NAP-GOS -302|
|Trip Start/Ends||Kathmandu, Dhunche/Dhunche, Kathmandu|
|Maximum Altitude||Gosaikunda (4380m)|
|Trip Cost||USD 725 per passenger|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 passengers|
|Accessibillity||Kathmandu to drive to Dhunche approximately 7-9hrs, and start trek as per the itinerary.|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (Gosaikunda pass (4610m), 5/7-hrs average walking per day, moderate to strenuous trail.|
|Season||Month of August|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018.|
|Trip Facilities||Tourist standard hotel in city and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
Arrive in Kathmandu: Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
Today after breakfast we start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu. Some of these landmarks include the World Heritage Sites: the historic Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupatinath, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swoyambhunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddhanath) which is one of the largest Stupas in the world. In the afternoon, there will be a pre-trip discussion where we can meet our trek leader and other team members. Nepal Adventure Point briefs us regarding our trek as well as provides us opportunity to ask any questions we may have regarding our upcoming adventure.
You have breakfast being of the early morning and we drive to Dhunche by regular bus, its takes approximately 7/8 hrs. You see along the driving time good view Himalayas of Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and Langtang before Rani Pauwa where the most of the local buses stop for the tea break then down to Trisuli via a flat piece of land of Batar stop for Lunch (550m). After lunch we continue drive to Dhunche the head quarter of Rasuwa district where you’ll start to Langtang Trekking. In the evening you will prepare yourself for your trek to Langtang
The trail from Dhunche crosses the river and heads through the forest. The first part of the trails follows slowly all the way through a mineral water industrial unit up to Ghatte Khola. After crossing a suspension bridge over the Ghatte Khola, the trek goes quite uphill until you reach Sing Gompa through dense pine, silver oak and rhododendron forests with marijuana plants. After completing this trail we will reach Sing Gompa where you will explore an old Yak Cheese Factory and visit Monastery.
From Sing Gompa the trail climbs gradually up and reaches Chalang Pati (3650m) where you have a splendid view of Langtang Lirung, Tibetan mountains and the forest filled with beautiful rhododendron and pine. From Chalang pati the route ascends up to a small temple with a statue of Sakyamuni and further climbing you can see good views of Saraswati Kunda after trekking some while you will have excellent views of Bhairav Kunda and climbing gently you will reach to Gosaikund Lake.
In the morning you can take close shots of white Himalayan Mountains then after having breakfast we start our trek back to Dhunche. The trails are downhill through rhododendron and pine forest and flat all the way which is offers you panoramic peaks from Tibet far from your eyes. Get reach to Dhunche then get fresh in the hotel and prepare for your next day drive to Kathamdnu.
After breakfast Dhunche we drive back to Kathmandu by regular bus and transfer to hotel, you have free evening.
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing. Evening will have farewell meeting.
Departure day: After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Fee: Langtang national park entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing bedroom and 4 nights teahouse/lodges on twin or multi shared bedroom on mountain
- Food: Full board on Teahouse (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer, Kathmandu to Dhunche and return transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- International flight, departure taxes
- Travel insurance covering with emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal equipment
- Lunch & Dinner while in City
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fee while sightseeing in city
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point