Langtang Village Trek
Langtang village trek is towards the north of the Kathmandu Valley and just south of the Tibetan boarder. The Langtang valley continues west and then north for another 50 kilometers beyond Kyanjin Gompa. This is beyond the range of tea house trekking, for there are no lodges. This region was visited in the 1950s by TW Tilman, who found rumors of Yetis amongst the local herdsmen. Today, the upper Langtang region is visited mainly by expeditions to Dorje Lakpa and Shishi Pangma. The trek continues along a high ridge for 6 days until it crosses the Laurebina Pass. Just below the pass lies the Gosainkund Lakes at (4300m). The Gosainkund lakes are the object of the Shiva pilgrim trail for they were once visited by Shiva himself. From here, the path descends to Syabru, an interesting village on the crest of a ridge. The trek now enters the Langtang valley. The Langtang valley is sacred and no animals may be killed here.
Langtang valley trekking begins from the lower Langtang valley, through the forests and along with the Sherpa villages and farmlands of the people. Many villagers are originally from Tibet. Once this route was an important trading route with Tibet, therefore, most of the villagers and peoples here still are involved in trade. Finally the trek returns down the valley to Syabru Bensi from where the bus can be caught to Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu valley excursion
- Langtang village and Kyangjin Gompa
- Abundant wildlife and flowers.
- Langtang National Park and panoramic mountain views
- Yak farming and Cheese factory
- Traditional Sherpa and Tamang villages
- Perfect wilderness and cultural experience
- Varieties of wild flowers and wild life
|Trip Grade||Easy to Moderate trail|
|Trip Duration||12 Nights/13 Days|
|Trip code||NAP--LAG – 304|
|Trip Start/Ends||Kathmandu, Syabru Bensi/Dhunche, Kathmandu|
|Maximum Altitude||Kyanjin Gompa (3850m)|
|Trip Cost||USD 885 per passenger|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 passengers|
|Accessibillity||8-hrs drive to and from Syabrubensi/Dhunche by regular bus|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (3850m), about 5/6-hrs average walk per day at moderate trail,|
|Season||Sept – Dec/ Feb - May|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018|
|Trip Facilities||Tourist standard hotel in city and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
Arrive in Kathmandu: Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
You have breakfast being of the early morning and we drive to Syabrubensi by regular bus, its takes approximately 8 hrs. You see along the driving time good view Himalayas of Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and Langtang before Rani Pauwa then down to Trisuli via a flat piece of land of Batar stop for Lunch (550m). After lunch we continue drive to Dhunche the head quarter of Rasuwa district then we further drive to Syabrubensi
After crossing the suspension bridge the trek proceeds through the trees where Langur monkey’s frolic and takes you to Dovan (1680m). The trail then makes a steep climb over a rocky ridge to Paira Lodge (1810m) and further the route climbs gently to Bamboo Lodge (1960m). Climbing steeply the trail will get to Rimche (2400m) and then to Lama Hotel.
From Lama Hotel the trail climbs through a forest of hemlock, oaks, maples and rhododendron observing glimpses of Langtang Lirung, reaches to Gumanchok (2800m) and then climbs to Ghora Tabela (2970m) after which it descends to Thangshyap (3140m). The trail further climbs to Langtang, which is the head quarter for Langtang National Park.
From Langtang Valley the trail climbs gradually to Sindum and to Yamphu (3640m). Crossing the Laja Khola then climbs a moraine to a viewpoint where you can see Kyanjin Gompa and the dramatic icefall flowing from Langtang Lirung and Kinshung. Then the trail descends to Kyanjin Gompa.
This day you can hike to Kyanjin-Ri (4800m) or Tserko-Ri (5000m) Tserkuo-Ri; a small mountain near Kyanjin valley or hike to Langsisa Kharka. Both places are is the same direction from Kyanjin Village and takes around 5/6 hours to reach. Tserko-Ri is a mountain for non technical climbing and from submits you can see lots of mountains from Nepal and Tibet. In the same way, Langsisa Kharka is a flat ground offers you very close views of lightening mountains in front of your eyes.
This day you retract to Ghoretabela that we used to reach Kyanjin Gompa. It’s an easy walk where the entire trail is downhill and flat. The trail offers you cool air throughout the rhododendron and pine forest.
The trail is same until Pahiro Lodge that local is used to visit to Thulo Syabru village. But a little bit after Pahiro we will leave our previous trail and turn on the left side to visit Thulo Syabru village. On the first part we will slightly go uphill trail and after that the trial is almost flat. Finally we will reach Thulo Syarbu village. In the evening we may visit a very old monastery inside the village
After having breakfast we start our trek back to Dhunche. The trails are downhill through rhododendron and pine forest and flat all the way which is offers you panoramic peaks from Tibet far from your eyes. Get reach to Dhunche then get fresh in the hotel and prepare for your next day drive to Kathamdnu
After breakfast Dhunche we drive back to Kathmandu by regular bus and transfer to hotel, you have free evening.
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing. Evening will have farewell meeting & dinner at Nepali typical restaurant.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Fee: Langtang national park entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trilp as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing bedroom and 7 nights teahouse/lodges on twin or multi shared bedroom during trekking
- Food: Full board on Teahouse (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transliortation: Airport arrival/deliarture transfer, Kathmandu to Syabrubensi and Dhunche to Kathmandu transliortation.
- Comliany and Government’s service charge: All alililicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equiliment, air and road-head transliortation
- International and domestic flight
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel and trekking equipments
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point