Annapurna Siklish Trek
Annapurna Siklish trek has been developed by the Annapurna Conservation Project as a model village and is an integral part of their Eco trekking project that seeks to spread awareness for both tourists and locals of the need to preserve the delicate environment of the area. Siklish is a large Gurung village north of Pokhara, it is recognized as an extremely well preserved example of typical Gurung life. This is a very enjoyable short and known as Royal trek because this route was used by Prince Charles of England. The less traveled Siklish trails; there are no facilities, hotels or lodge.
This Trek starts with a drive from Pokhara and takes you about a week, starting at Beganas Tal (Lake) and heading north to the Madi Khola, then following the river’s west bank up to well-preserved Siklesh (1,980m.), Nepal’s biggest Gurung village. From here you strike westwards over the thickly forested ridge that separates the Madi and Seti Khola drainage’s and then descent via Ghachok, another Gurung settlement, to reach the Pokhara - Baglung Highway. Variations on this route are often touted as the ''Royal Trek'', after a rally the troops swing Prince Charles took through the area in 1980 to visit the villages of Gorkha recruits, as part of an effort to develop this into a model eco-trekking route.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Mid -hills region both cultural and wilderness experience
- Panoramic south face views of Annpurna, fishtail and Lamjung Himal
- Undisturbed flora and faunal bio-diversity
- Unique photographic destination.
- Experience unbelievable Gurung and many different culture
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||10 Nights/11 Days|
|Maximum Altitude||Neuli Kharka (2200m)|
|Trip Cost||USD 760 per passenger|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 passengers|
|Accessibillity||Kathmandu to drive to Pokhara approximately 7-hrs, and start trek as per the itinerary.|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (2200m), average 5/6-hrs walking per day, an easy trail,|
|Season||Sept – Dec/ Feb - May|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018.|
|Trip Facilities||Tourist standard hotel in city and best available home-stay/teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
fter breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
his day after breakfast being early in the morning before 7:00 AM. This morning you will be drive to Pokhara (200km), departure at 7:00 AM in the morning, approximately 6/7 hrs away by tourist bus. You will be arriving late afternoon at Pokhara approximately 2:00 O’clock. From the Pokhara valley you can see one of the most beautiful Himalayan panoramas in the world. The Annapurna and famous "Fishtail" mountain peak of Machhapuchhare tower over the tropical setting of Pokhara and you spend there will be the scenic highlight of your trip. You're free in Pokhara valley also called "Magic Land" or Dreamland" of Nepal, to explore the various interesting place as your own like boating in Fewa lake over looking the region of Annapurna range of Himalayas. You can also fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes about 25 minutes.
A broad trail starts through rice fields near the Army Camp, and then ascends through Rakhi Gaon to a Chautara, a resting place under a large Pipal tree. En-route, you can enjoy the views in panorama. From here the trails climb gently along a ridge top through the Brahmin and Chhetris villages towards Kalikasthan at (1370m.). At the end, you should climb a short distance to the campsite which is situated above the village with panoramic view of mountain, Begnas Tal and rim of Pokhara valley.
You begin following gently path passing through local villages of mixed ethnic groups, rice terraces up to Mardi Khola. Now the trek is easy as you walk along the riverbank. En-route you cross Bhaise, Nawaldanda, to reach Lama Khet. It is a small village where stay overnight. This place is surrounded by green hills which exhilarates you.
The trail stretches at flat level along the river bank until you reach Khilan Gaon. After this, you follow path which is gently up at some distance and steeply up for some hours. En-route you pass Parju village. The trail again climbs till Siklish village. It is one of the oldest and big Gurung villages. Most of the people serve in Indian and British Army.
This trek goes through rhododendron and oak forests following gently ascent path in the beginning. After some distance, you walk over the flat land. Neuli Kharka is surrounded by forests.
You trek through forests covered with rhododendron. While walking you cross the highest pass of this trek. After pass, you descend steeply to reach Ghale Gaon. It is a small village which is mainly inhabited by Gurung and Magar community.
After breakfast, approximately 4 hours we walk down to Khudi. From Khudi we ride approximately 8-hrs drive (186kms) by regular bus to reach Kathmandu
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing. Evening will have farewell meeting & dinner at Nepali typical restaurant.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Documents: ACAP entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 night’s hotel in Kathmandu, 1 night hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing bedroom and 5 nights home-stay/tlodges on twin or multi shared bedroom during trekking.
- Food: Full board on home-stay/teahouse [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and 5 breakfasts in city.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer, Kathmandu to Pokhara and Khudi to Kathmandu transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipiment, air and road-head transportation
- All local flight
- TTravel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel and trekking equipiments
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tilis/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Olitional activities
- And unforeseen exlienses which are out of control by Nelial Adventure lioint