Ghale Gaon Trek
Ghale Gaon trek is one of the best newly opened trekking routes in Nepal which passes through nature and discover the rich culture of the religion. Ghale Gaon, situated on the lap of Mt. Manaslu range in the east, Lamjung Himal and Annapurna II in the north and Mt. Machhapuchhare in the west. The village with its terraced farmlands and bird’s-eye-view of the closely packed Gurung (Ghale) settlements has earned repute for its neat home-stays for tourists willing to experience traditional Nepali culture and hospitality. For the guests, the village has also maintained a cultural museum, which has a collection of various artifacts, agricultural tools, dresses and ornaments so that the vacationers could know their culture, people and their livelihood pattern in an easy way. The Ghalegaon also famous a home to world famous Gurkha soldiers one of the members of most of the family use to be working either Gorkha Army (British Gorkha) or Indian Gorkha Army. This is e asy trail, 5-6 hr. average per day walk, temperate climate, and maximum altitude 2000m. This trek begins from Beshishar after 6-7 hours drive from Kathmandu end at Begnastal near by Pokhara valley.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Explore the panoramic mountain scenery of Annapurna range
- Discovering Gurung culture during your home-stay travel
- Real mil-hills traditional life style observation
- Splendid Mountain views of Annapurna II, Manaslu, Fish Tail, Lamjung Himal and more.
- Inhabited by Ghale tribal cast
- Colorful photographic opportunities
- Impressive nature and wildlife surrounding you
- Unforgettable short trip.
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||07 Nights/08 days|
|Maximum Altitude||Ghale Gaon (1800m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||Kathmandu drive to Beshisahar/Khudi to trailhead from Pokhara or Kathamndu|
|The Route||Easy trail, 5/6-hrs average per day walking, temperate climate, maximum altitude (2000m).|
|Season||Sept – Nov / March - April|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and home-stay/ teahouse on mountain.|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions to Swoyambhunath, which is popular for old Buddhist Stupa, an activity of Asamese monkey and panoramic view of Kathmandu Valley. Then after Kathmandu Durbar Square, it is popular for wooden pavilion known as Kasthamandap, Kumari House with living goddess culture, medieval palace with museum, freak street and several pagoda types of Hindu temples, After visiting Kathmandu durbar square we drive to Pashupatinath – Pashupatinath is popular for Hindu live cremation center bank of the holy Bagmati River, Pashupatinath temples and other temple of Shiva Lingam, Hindu holy men and sub-tropical forest with deer and an activities of Asamese monkeys. Finally we drive to Bouddhanath – Bouddhanath is popular for the largest Bouddhanath Stupa, Tibetan refugee settlement with their painting school, big prayer wheels and several monasteries with monks and lamas
After breakfast, we drive to Khudi via Beshishahar by regular bus: We drive the same highway of Kathmandu – Pokhara until Dumre Bazzar (135-kms) then leaves the Pokhara road, and follow right fork to Beshishahar (43km). Beshishahar is (178kms) far from Kathmandu. Besishahar (820m) is the district headquarters of Lamjung. From Beshishahar we drive (8kms) to reach Khudi (790m).
After breakfast,. We start hiking to Ghale Gaon. The trail sets out along the banks of the Khudi River, mountains views, villages, forest are including during the hiking time.
After breakfast, enjoy tour around village. It is a large Gurung village with typical tradition, culture and agriculture base culture. They have own language, dress and custom. The view of surrounding snowcapped mountains is so beautiful.
After breakfast, approximately 4 hours we walk down to Khudi.
After breakfast wed ride approximately 8-hrs drive (186kms) by regular bus
You should enter the airport 3 hours before your flight schedule. It is 7-kms from hubbub of Thamel. An airport representative will assist you at your hotel and transfer you to airport for your departure.
- Documents: ACAP entrance permit andTIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking as per itinerary.
- Accommodation: 3 night’s hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing bedroom and 4 nights home-stay/lodges on twin or multi shared bedroom during trekking.
- Food: Full board on home-stay/teahouse [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking 3 breakfasts in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer, Kathmandu to Khudi and return to Kathmandu transportation.
- Comliany and Government’s service charge: All appilicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equiipent, air and road-head transportation
- International and domestic flight
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel and trekking equipments
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fee while sightseeing in city
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.