Ghandruk Village Trek
Ghandruk village trek is a short and easy cultural trek, providing an insight to the lifestyles of Gurung ethnic community of Nepal as well as great views of Himalayas that includes Macchapuchre and Annapurna South. We walk through the river valleys, rhododendron and orchid bushes, make some gentle ascents and descents, stop in the villages of friendly locals and savor the great views of Annapurna South (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m) and holy Mount Machhapuchhre (6997m).
Ghandruk village trek starts from the foothill of Dampus. In about 3 hour uphill walk you will reach the ridge of Dumpus. The trail continues to ascend to Pothana and cross Deorali to make gradual and long descent to Landrung. You get to see fine and panoramic view of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli throughout. After Landrung make steep descent to Modi Khola and another steep ascent about an hour to the village of Ghandrung. Ghandrung is one of the largest villages in this area with shops, tourist lodges and government offices. Ghandrung and Landrung are Gurung villages. In those days Gurkha soldiers were mostly from these two villages. On the last day of this 3 day trek the trails from Ghandrung descends to Modi khola. You walk along the Modi khola to reach Birenthati and to Nayapul to catch waiting transport to Pokhara
- Kathmandu valley excursion
- Natural heritage sites Chitwan National Park
- Lake valley of Pokhara
- Exploring the scenic and magnificent beauty of the rich Nature
- Traditional Gurung village and unique hill cultures to explore.
- River rafting at Trisuli
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||09 nights/10 days|
|Trip Start/Ends||Pokhara-Dhampus Phedi/Pokhara|
|Maximum Altitude||Ghandrung (2000m)|
|Trip Cost||USD 560 per passenger|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 passengers|
|Accessibillity||7-hrs drive to Pokhara, and start trek as per the itinerary|
|The Route||4/5-hrs walk per day, easy trail, maximum altitude (2000m).|
|Season||Aug-Nov and Mar-May|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018.|
|Trip Facilities||Tourist standard hotel in city and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
Our guide pick you up from your hotel and transfer to the tourist bus station and drive approximately 6/7 hours to Pokhara (200km) through the beautiful river view & Nepalese countryside to reach the Pokhara. You will be arriving late afternoon at Pokhara approximately 2:00 O’clock and transfer to the hotel and rest of the time explores the surrounding lakeside areas. From the Pokhara valley you can see one of the most beautiful Himalayan panoramas in the world. The Annapurna and famous "Fishtail" mountain peak of Machhapuchhare tower over the tropical setting of Pokhara and you spend there will be the scenic highlight of your trip. You can also fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes about 25 minutes.
After breakfast, we drive to the road-head at Dhampus Phedi takes around one hour. Our trail then uphill through terraced fields and mixed oak and rhododendron forest and trail leads to the Gurung village of Dhampus. Where we take our lunch and continues walk to Pothana for our over night stay.
We follow the trail through rhododendron forest till to reach at Deorali. After Deorali and continue walk to picturesque Gurung settlement of Landrung. After lunch, descending through rice terraces, we cross the steel bridge across the glacial river of the Modi Khola and commence our ascent. As we trek up the many staircases, we enjoy the beauty of the Himalaya at a relatively close range and observe the glaciers flowing from them to form the rivers below us.
This day you will take a trip around Ghandrung valley. It really is a magnificent location and a photographer's delight. Our leisurely approach along these ridges with their fine mountain views ensures proper acclimatization and the un-hurried opportunity to fully savor this magnificent scenery.
The morning views of Annapurna South and Machapuchare are stunning, and will remain with us as we walk for around 4 hours on a broad trail that traverses and descends to Shauli Bazaar (1140m), on the banks of the Modi Khola. Passing through the lovely birch forest you will get to Birethanti an interesting village with traditional architecture, before continuing to the road-head at the busy market of Naya Pul. We transfer by coach to Pokhara and evening we will have a celebratory dinner with our trek staffs.
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing. Evening will have farewell meeting & dinner at Nepali typical restaurant.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Documents: ACAP entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 night’s hotel in Kathmandu, 2 night hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing bedroom and 3 nights tented/lodges ontwin or multi shared bedroom on mountain.
- Food: Full board on teahouse [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and 6 breakfast in city.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer, Kathmandu to Pokhara, Pokhara to Dhampus Phedi, Nayapul to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- International and domestic flight
- Travel insurance covering with emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel and trekking equipments
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fee while sightseeing in city
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point