Bhairav Kunda Trek
Bhairav Kunda trek is located to the northeast of Kathmandu and closer to Nepal Tibet border. Bhairav Kund (4150m) is named after the destructive aspect of Lord Shiva and is one of the sacred pilgrimage sites for Shamans pilgrimage site through untouched traditional villages in spectacular Himalayan landscapes to reach at Bhairav Kunda. Once every year during June/July, pilgrims from different parts of Nepal visit Bhairav Kunda to take holy bath and pay homage to lord Shiva. Bhairav Kunda top (4500m) observe sun rise and close Mountain View of Langtang, Jugal Himal, Rowling and Tibetan range.
Jalbire, the starting point for this trek is a five hour bus drive from Kathmandu towards the Tibetan border. We travel through a mixture of beautiful mountain scenery and the terraced fields and characteristic houses of rural villages from different ethnic groups. You will spend your fist night with experiencing the Newari culture of Jalbire. The trekking route goes along the old trade route that lies between Nepal and Tibet, especially through the numbers of Buddhist villages; therefore, we happen to pass many Chortens and houses of Sherpa people. During your trek in the region, you experience the spectacular views of mountains of Tibet and the Jugal Himal section of the Himalayan Range, which includes the peaks of Dorje Lakpa (6966) and Madiya (6257m). The trekking in the region can be done throughout the year and it also can be packaged with a rafting tour.
During the rest of our 10 days trip, we observe the different ways of life, culture and come in contact with the people in the small village, passing through the dense forestations and meadows. The top of Bhairav Kunda offers an excellent view of Rolwaling range, jugal Himal arrange and some of the Tibetan mountain as well. On the last day of the trip we take a bus ride back to Kathmandu from Larche or you can combine the rafting tour with this trek.
- Rim of the Kathmandu city tour
- Scenic road driving to Jalbire Bazzar from Kathmandu
- Nearest and fresh destination from Kathmandu
- Naturally, culturally, traditionally enriched
- Varieties of experience in a single trek
- Wonderful adventure life like mountain climbing
- Rafting, buggy and cannoning, lots of river, lakes, waterfall, endangers wild lives
- Lots of beautiful flowers
- Invaluable medicinal herbal plantsColorful way of lives on the whole way.
|Trip Grade||Easy to Moderate|
|Trip Duration||13 Nights/14 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-BVK – 050|
|Maximum Altitude||Bharab Kunda (4250m)|
|Trip Cost||USD 1285 per passenger|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 passengers|
|Accessibillity||Kathmandu drive to Jalbire Bazzar to trail-head from Kathmandu, start the trek according to the itinerary and trek back to Kathmandu.|
|The Route||Bharab Kunda (4250m), 5/6-hrs average walking per day, moderate trail|
|Season||Sept – Nov/March - April|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018.|
|Trip Facilities||Tourist standard hotel in city and best available home-stay/teahouse/camping on mountain.|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
Drive about 3-hrs to northeast on the road to Tibet to Balephi, which once used to be one of the main towns for trading with Tibet. The whole Balephi valley is magnificent and from here we drive further on a dirt road to Jalbire for about one hour upstream to our first night camp at Jalbire. Jalbire is a nice Newari settlement (1040m.) near the banks of the Balephi River. The place is rich in Newari culture and home to the Hindu temple of Lord Bishnu
After breakfast The route passes through a waterfall and some small Tamang villages. The trail passes through rice fields and forests, climbing above the valley to Kartike and continues walk to Chanaute, which is a small village, where people belonging to the Brahmin and Chhetri castes live. Camping arrangements are available in the school of Chanaute.
Most part of the trail is steep and quite challenging. Khani Gaon is a Newari village. In the middle of 18th century B.S., before Nepal was unified, there was feud between Gorkha and Bhaktapur. It is believed that people of Bhaktapur came to this place to save their life and later settled down there. One can have an excellent mountain view from the camping site as well
It is a steep uphill walk through rhododendron forests. During five hours of walk, one could encounter with wild animals and birds. Camping in the forest
This is a 4-hour steep uphill walk through pine and rhododendron forests. A rest house has been built for pilgrims at Pati
It is a one hour uphill walk followed by 2.5 hours walk to get to Kunda (Lake). Bhairav Kunda is satiated at an altitude of 4,150m. There is a small temple of Lord Shiva near the big holy lake. Once every year during June/ July, pilgrims from different parts of Nepoal visit the lake and take a holy bath and pay homage to Lord Shiva.
This day you can excursion around Bhairav Kunda Lake, those who can reach at this Kunda during the festival time then he/she get opportunity to celebrate the festival.
Early morning walk to Bhairav Kunda Top to have a sunrise and close Mountain View of Langtang Lirung, Jugal Himal, Rollwaling Range and Tibetan Range. You will reach a typical Sherpa village within six hours of steep decent
It takes three and a half hours for one to reach the bank of the Bhote Khoshi River, which is also called Larcha
It takes three and a half hours for one to reach the bank of the Bhote Khoshi River, which is also called Larcha. Those who would like to spend a few days shooting the wild waters of Bhote Koshi are most welcome to make an extension or you could also choose to spend the quiet evenings at the trading town in Dhulikhel or join in the noisy crowd of Kathmandu.
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sightseeing.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Documents: Bhairav Kunda entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing bedroom and 09 nights home-stay/camping on twin or multi shared bedroom during trekking
- Food: Full board on home-stay/camping (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer, Kathmandu to Jalbire and Larcha to Kathmandu transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- .Personal travel and trekking equipments
- All lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Monastery and temple entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point