Chepang Hill Trek
Chepang hill trek is newly developed trekking trail which is offers a rare combination of cultural and sightseeing experience. A stay in the beautiful homes of the villagers as guests and sharing their meals is a journey of discovery in itself. The unique culture in this area, bird watching, and other natural attractions add to the experience. Hattibang, the first night halt on the way from Hugdi Bazaar, offers good scenery of the surrounding mountains and touch of Magar, Chepang and Giripuri culture, at the several home stay and community-managed guest house. Villagers give a unique cultural performance for visitors on request and offer Local handicrafts on sale as souvenirs. Siraichuli (1,945 m), one of the highest hills of Mahabharat range, offers spectacular views of the mountains and magnificent sunrise and sunset views. The view includes a wide range of Himalayan peaks such as Rolwaling, Gaurishankar, Langtang, Gorkha Himal, Peak 29, Himalchuli, Manaslu, Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri, and the Royal Chitwan National Park in the Terai. The trek to Siraichuli from Hattibang is challenging through rough landscape and vegetation.
Jyandala village on the trail is a Chepang settlement where tourists can have a cultural experience. A tour of the village and accommodation at village home stay is recommended. Next is Chisapanitar, which is a popular bird-watching site. More than 250 varieties of bird species are found here. The dense forest in this region is also home to other wild animals. Another interesting place is Uppardang Gadi which used to be the headquarters of Chitwan till early 1962. The remains of a historic fort that defended the surrounding countryside are still here, sitting at 1,275 meters, which is said to have been built by Shatru Bhanjan Shah. Offering spectacular views, camping service is available through community along with home stay facilities. Shaktikhor, where the trek formally ends gives ample opportunity to visitors for a wholesome cultural experience. Home-stay experience, Cultural shows, Chepang Museum and Visitor's information centre, Caves and waterfalls around Shaktikhor make Shaktikhor a unique experience. Travelling to Chitram waterfall on the next day and stay at Chepang houses in Majhbang village of Siddi Village Development Committee is yet another attraction.
- Rim of the Kathmandu city tour
- Newly developed trekking trail
- Splendid experience with rural communities
- Interaction with the Chepangs
- Pristine mid-hill forests
- Visiting Chitwan National Park
- Scenic beauty of the hills and mountains, waterfalls and caves
- Impressive sunrise and sunset points will be on our way
- Experiencing the life and hospitality of traditional Nepalese families
- See how local handicraft items are made
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||10 Nights/11 Days|
|Trip code||NAP - CHE – 051|
|Maximum Altitude||Siraichuli (1945m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||5-hrs drive to Hugdi, transfer to trail-head and start trek, after the trek drive back to Kathmandu.|
|The Route||Average 5/7-hrs walk per day, easy trail, maximum altitude (1945m) remote village and jungle route.|
|Season||Sept – Nov / March - April|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and best available home-stay/Lodge on mountain.|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
After breakfast drive to Hungdi (309m) by bus which is around 85 kilometers & takes around 4-5 hours. Hugdi is between Mugling and Krishna Bhir in Dhading district. Hattibang offers good scenery of the surrounding mountains and you trek through pristine mid hill forests. You can experience Magar, Chepang and Giripuri cultures at the community-run home-stays and community-managed guest house. The cultural shows by locals can be enjoyed. Local handicrafts can be possessed here. You can make a tour of the village and visit the community lodge.
On the way you can see spectacular views of the mountains and magnificent sunrise and sunset views. The view includes a wide range of Himalayan peaks such as Rolwaling, Gaurishankar, Langtang, Gorkha Himal, Peak 29, Himalchuli, Manaslu, Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri, and the Royal Chitwan National Park in the Terai. Staying in the Chepang village. On the way you cross several villages which are purely Chepang settlements.
You trek through rough landscape and vegetation. Siraichuli (1,945m.) is one of the highest hills of Mahabharat range. It offers magnificent views of the mountains and fascinating views of sunrise and sunset. You can enjoy the spectacular views of Rolwaling, Gaurishankar, Langtang, Gorkha Himal, Peak 29, Himalchuli, Manaslu, Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri and the Chitwan National park in the Terai. Chisapanitar is a popular bird watching site where 250 varieties of bird species are found. The dense forest in this region is also home to other wild animals. Gadi used to be the headquarters of Chitwan till early 1962. The remains of a historic fort that defended the surrounding countryside are still here. The fort at 1275 is said to have been built by Shatru Bhanjan Shah. Here you can also enjoy the magnificent views.
Shaktikhor, the ending point of the trek, provides innumerable opportunity to visitors for a memorable cultural experience. You can gain cultural experience at Shaktikhor. Other attractions include visit to Chepang museum, Sinti waterfall and Sinti cave. You can make village tour and can enjoy cultural show performed by Chepang and Magar.
You visit the Sinti waterfall and caves. You can make a village tour and can be a part of cultural show performed by Chepang at Siddhi and Majbhang.
You visit Chitram waterfall and then retrace your route back to Shaktikhor. You can experience the Chepang culture, bird watching, fishing and village tour to Chepang settlements.
Drive from Shaktikhor to Sauraha which takes about one hour or drive from Shaktikhor to Kathmandu and it takes about seven hours.
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Documents: Chitwan Chepang Hill entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing bedroom and 06 nights home-stay/camping on twin or multi shared bedroom during trekking
- Food: Full board on home-stay/camping (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer and road-head transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- .Personal travel and trekking equipments
- All lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Monastery and temple entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.