Dudh Kunda Trek
Dudh Kunda trek is situated at the foot of Number Himal, locally known as Shorong Yul Lha which is newly promoted trekking trail in Solu Khumbu region though less high then the neighboring in Khumbu Himal range. The Dudh Kunda Lake is believed to be the abode of Lord Shiva. The devotees believe that taking a dip into the icy cold lake will absolve them from all their sins and bless childless families with children. Amazing views of flora and fauna, experience of diverse cultures of Sherpas, Khaling Rais, Tamangs, Magars, Gurungs, make this journey a lifetime experience. This is a journey to a part of the world where very few people have set foot until now, a cultural journey for young to old and for all.
- Rim of the Kathmandu city tour
- Spectacular mountain flight to and from Phaplu
- Explore the panoramic mountain scenery, lifestyle of Himalayan people
Year round extensive flora & fauna
- Snow-capped peaks
- Lively Sherpa culture
- Sacred Dudh Kunda Lake
- Visiting Thupten Chooling Monastery.
- Yak pastures and alpine meadows
- Brilliant view of Numbur and Karyolung mountains
|Trip Grade||Moderate to strenuous trail.|
|Trip Duration||12 Nights/13 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-DUK – 053|
|Maximum Altitude||Dudh Kunda (4190m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||35 minutes round trip flight Kathmndu – Phaplu - Kathmandu.|
|The Route||Easy to moderate trail, 5/7-hrs average per day walking, temperate climate, maximum altitude (4190m).|
|Season||Sept – Nov / March - April|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and home-stay-camping accommodation on mountain.|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
Early in the morning, we would go to the airport to fly towards Phaplu. Upon arrival at Phaplu, we would go to Sallery. While on trek, we would be privileged to see the local market in Salleri and visit the local monasteries. We would also visit Chewang Monastery. It takes about 35 minutes to reach Phaplu from Kathmandu. From Phaplu to Salleri, it is the distance of half and hours normal walk.
After having breakfast at Salleri, we gently start our trekking to Junbensi. It is the distance of 5-6 hours normal walk. We would observe the local Sherpa Culture and visit different monasteries along the trail.
Trekking from Junbesi to Thuptebchooling and then to Shengeephuk provides an opportunity to any visitor to observe the wildlife and vegetation on the way. Besides, we would also visit Thuptenchholing monastery. In addition to this, we would also observe traditional Tibetan medicinal therapy at Thuptenchholing, Monastery Phunmoche and meditation cave.
This day, we visit Shengeephuk cave and see palm imprint on stone. The walk penetrating alpine jungle at Shengeephuk, Basa Khola & Beni provides wilderness in the beautiful landscape. Besides, we would also have closer view of mountains.
We would go to Dudhkunda from Beni. While trekking from Beni to Dudhkunda, we would be able to see mountain glacier, Lake Dudhkunda and the mountains very closely. Besides, we would also be privileged to observe fair if we happen to be there at Janai Purnima in August. The migratory aquatic birds can also be seen in the area during the rainy season. It takes about 4 hrs to reach Dudhkunda from Beni.
We would be happy to observe Sherpa culture on the way, see animal herding on the Himalayan pastures, experience wilderness and beautiful landscape. We would also watch Sherpa Cultural Show at Ringmo and on request in Takshindu. It takes about 7-8 hours to reach the destination. There are some teahouses or lodges at Taksindu/Ringmo.
This day we visit local monastery at Takshindu and take a village tour and observe Sherpa culture.
We walk through mixed alpine forests while trekking from Taksindu to Phaplu. We would experience wildlife and bird watching. Apart from this, we would see Sherpa settlement, see wildlife and vegetation. We would also enjoy cultural show in the evening on request.
We take early flight from Phaplu to Kathmandu. Upon arrival, we would be received by our representatives and transfer to hotel. The remaining time will be utilized for shopping.
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Documente: Dudh Kunda entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing bedroom and 08 nights home-stay/camping on twin or multi shared bedroom during trekking
- Food: Full board on home-stay/camping (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer,and surface road-head transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- Kathmandu to Phaplu and return to Kathmandu flight.
- .Personal travel and trekking equipments
- All lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Monastery and temple entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.