Kalinchowk trek is located northeast direction from Katmandu lie at an altitude of 3579 meters one can get excellent view of Annapurna, Lamjung, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Shishapanga, Langtang, Dorjee Lakpa, Jugal Himal and Gauri Shanker. From Kalinchowk we can also get a good view of Kathmandu valley at night. The national flowers of Nepal Rhododendron (Laligurans) and the national bird Pheasant (Danfe) can also be seen in this area. Kalinchowk is also famous for the goddess residing there named Kalinchowk Bhagwati.
Trip Overview: Trek starts from Kharidhunga, which lies 5 hours drive from Katmandu, the region is multi ethnic as the inhabitant are dominated by Sherpa, Tamang, and Brahmin & other. Along the trail also can be seen are a few monasteries and Temples. A good view of the Mountain and Sunkoshi River can also be had. After crossing Sherpa villages you come across a thick forest with lots Rhododendron trees. Once you are in Kalinchok at the altitude of 3580m one can find a majestic view of the Himalayas and the two big rivers of Nepal Tamakoshi and Sunkoshi are visible, along the trek you will pass by densely forested trail where you may finds unique flora and fauna to discover. The excitement of the trek is to meet with a rare ethnic group of indigenous people called Thami of Nepal.
- Rim of the Kathmandu city tour
- Nearest and fresh destination from Kathmandu
- Naturally, culturally, traditionally enriched
- Varieties of experience in a single trek
- Visit Bigu monastery and Kalinchowk Bhagwati temple
- Different community of Sherpa, Tamang, and Brahmin & other
- Visible two big river of Tamakoshi and Sunkoshi
- Unique year round extensive flora & fauna
- Amazing views of the Himalayas
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||13 Nights/14 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-KLI – 058|
|Trip Start/Ends||Kathmandu-Mude Bazar/Baabise|
|Maximum Altitude||Kalinchowk Hill (3580m)|
|Trip Cost||USD 1045 per passenger|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 passengers|
|Accessibillity||Drive to Mude Bazzar to trailhead from Kathamndu, by bus 5-hrs start the trek according to itinerary, after the trek drive back to Kathmndu.|
|The Route||Easy trail, 5/6-hrs average per day walking, temperate climate, maximum altitude (3580m).|
|Season||Sept – Nov/March - April|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018.|
|Trip Facilities||Tourist standard hotel in city and best available home-stay/teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
- Documents: Kalinchowk entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking and trekking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing bedroom and 09 nights home-stay/camping on twin or multi shared bedroom during trekking
- Food: Full board on home-stay/camping (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer, Kathmandu to Mude bazzar and Barabise to Kathmandu transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- Travel/medical insurance coverage personal accidents, medical and emergency Helicopter rescue
- .Personal travel and trekking equipments
- All lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Monastery and temple entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point