High Himalayan Expedition
Mount Annapurna I expedition begins after the arrival of all climbers in Kathmandu, the group will meet up with the staffs of Nepal Adventure Point for introduction and briefing about the trip. The next day is the day for sightseeing in Kathmandu. You will be taken around for a tour of Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath, Patan and Swoyambhunath - the monkey temple. This tour will help you to understand about the historical and cultural background of Nepal, Kathmandu valley and the people of Nepal. The next couple of days are for checking equipments, final preparations, packing and other necessary document for Mount Annapurna I expedition.
After official procedure we have scheduled flight or drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu on a popular city of Lake valley then commence trek to Pothana and trek towards Chhomorong via Landrung village. From Chhomorong we take through Dovan, Himalayan Hotel, Machhapuchare base camp, Annapurna base camp then head towards Annapurna I base camp. We spend couple of day at base camp for climbing training such as; how to use Oxygen, mask and regulator.
On Mount Everest Expedition normally, four camps will be set up for the climbing. Advance base camp will be set up at 5,200m. This is used for depositing the stuff and not as camping due to avalanche danger. Camp I will be set up (5,600m) which requires climbing towards the east from the Advance Base Camp. Camp II will be fixed (6,400m). This will require stretches of steep climbing. From Camp II, we climb towards west side with steep climbing and arrived Camp III (6800m). We then climb towards the North side. When we get over the ridge, we will have to be very careful climbing over the ridge and probably, we will have to face strong wind while climbing and arrive at Camp IV, (7,500m). The climbing of this section is considered the most difficult in the expedition. Then we will push the summit and return to Camp III if everything goes well as planned. If we could not approach the summit from Camp IV due to bad weather or other reasons, we will have to fix bivouac (7,900m) and next day try to push to the summit. After summit you start to trek back through Bamboo, Chomrong, Ghandrung and finally drive back to Pokhara from Nayapul then return to Kathmandu and the farewell dinner will be at typical Nepali restaurant enjoying together with Nepali culture show program.
* Rim of the Kathmandu valley excursion
* Summit Mount Annapurna I (8091m), 10th highest mountain of the world
* Magnificent views of Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna IV, Annapurna South, Dhaulagiri, Gangapurna, Himalchuli, Machhapuchhare, Lamjung Himal, Hiunchuli and several peaks within Annapurna Mountain Ranges.
* Explore the cultural and traditional villages, including the region’s flora and fauna in one of the most enchanting spot on Planet.
* Opportunity to gain a life time mountaineering experience.
|Trip Duration||52 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-ANN - 121|
|Maximum Altitude||Summit Mt. Annapurna I (8091m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 12 persons in one climbing group|
|Accessibillity||Kathmandu drive to Beni Bazzar via Pokhara, after completing expedition drive back to Kathmandu|
|The Route||North Face (First ascent by Maurice Herzog of France in 3 June 1950).|
|Permit Fee||Mt. Annapurna I Expedition USD 1800 on Spring season, USD 900 on Autumn season, USD 450 on Winter/Summer|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and teahouse/lodges and tented accommodation during the climbing period.|
- Fee: Royalty fee of Mt. Annapurna I expedition, national park entrance permit.
- Activities: Sightseeing, trekking and expedition as per the guideline itinerary.
- Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes upto higher camp for members, staffs and common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- Accommodation: 6 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and 2 night hotel accommodation in Pokhara and 36 nights lodges/tent during trekking and expedition period.
- Food: Full board on tented (Breakfast, lunch and dinner])during the trekking and expedition upto Annapurna I base camp and 6 breakfasts in city.
- Staffs: Trekking Leader/Guide, high altitude Sherpa, Liaison officer and necessary supporters for expedition.
- Transportation: Arrival/departure transfer and surface road-head transportation.
- Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes & official service charges. And food, air and road-head transportation, equipments, daily allowance of expedition supporters.
- International flight and departure taxes
- Original entry visa into Nepal
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Personal travel insurance covering such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Related charges for communication equipment and filming applied as per the goverment rule and regulation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal by air/road cargo.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls etc.
- Oxygen & Mask regulator
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Garbage fee (Refundable)
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking and expedition crews
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.