High Himalayan Expedition
Mount Annapurna south expedition (7219m) is lies in the heart of the Annapurna Himalayan Range and is situated a spectacular ridge that attractive location of the IV Mountain is between Annapurna II and Annapurna III. Annapurna is a Sanskrit name which is translated as Goddess of the Harvests. In Hinduism, Annapurna is a goddess of fertility and agriculture and an avatar of Durga. Annapurna South was first climbed in 1964 by a Japanese expedition, via the North Ridge. Mt. Annapurna south expedition offer two different ways for Annapurna south expedition from Annapurna base camp side and east to north route.
The main South Annapurna summit offer an amazing wall of the mountain ridges are Annapurna I (8091m) which was first climbed by Maurice Herzog of France in 3 June 1950 via North Face. Annapurna II (7937m) which was first climbed in 1960 by a British team led by Jimmy Roberts, via the West Ridge. Annapurna III (7555m) which was first climbed in 1961 by an Indian expedition led by Capt.Mohan Singh Kohli, via the Northeast Face. Annapurna IV (7525m) which was first climbed in 1955 by a German expedition led by Heinz Steinmetz, via the North Face and Northwest Ridge. Gangapurna (7454m) which was first climbed in 1965 by a German expedition led by Günther Hauser, via the East Ridge. Hiunchuli (6,441m) which was first climbed in 1971 by an expedition U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer Craig Anderson and Machapuchare (6,993m) is another important peak of the Annapurna Himal, though it just misses the 7,000 meter mark and Dhaulagri also lies to the west of Annapurna region, while the world’s deepest gorge Kaligandaki River lies far below of Annapurna Mountains.
Annapurna south expedition commences Nayapul/Phedi after driving one and half hour from Pokhara. On this expedition, our guide will take you on well off the beaten trail, on to long, remote mountain ridges, through exposit forest and to visit traditional villages. Views of the Annapurna and the gigantic mass of Mt. Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchhre are utterly breathtaking and complement many of our phenomenal campsites during this classic trekking and expedition of Annapurna South. After finished the Annapurna south expedition, trekking through Ghorepani Poon Hill or Ghandrung village to Nayapul then drive back to Pokhara.
* Rim of the Kathmandu valley excursion
* Summit Mount Annapurna South (7219m)
* Breathtaking views of Annapurna I 8091m, Annapurna II 7937m, Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Dhaulagiri 8167m, Gangapurna 7455m, Machhapuchre (Fish-Tail) 6997m, Hiunchuli 6336m and other surrounding high peaks.
* Opportunity to explore the Annapurna Region’s rich flora and fauna including its welcoming and friendly people, their culture and tradition.
* Gain an adventure and thrill-filled climbing experience of over 7000 meters for a life time achievement.
|NAP-ANS - 123
|Pokhara- Dhampus Phedi/Birethanti,-Pokhara
|Summit Mt. Soth Annapurna (7219m)
|Prices on request
|Minimum 2 upto 12 persons in one climbing group
|Kathmandu drive to Pokhara, after completing expedition return to Kathmandu
|South Face (First ascent in 1960 by a British team led by Jimmy Roberts, via the West Ridge.).
|Mt. South Annapurna Expedition USD 500 on Spring season, USD 250 on Autumn season, USD 125 on Winter/Summer
|3+ hotel in city on B/B and teahouse/lodges and tented accommodation during the climbing period.
- Fee: Royalty fee of Mt. South Annapurna expedition, national park entrance permit.
- Activities: Sightseeing, trekking and expedition as per the guideline itinerary.
- Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes upto higher camp for members, staffs and common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- Accommodation: 6 night’s hotel accommodation in city, 2 night hotel accommodation in Pokhara and 26 nights lodges/tent during trekking and expedition period.
- Food: Full board on tented (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and expedition upto Annapurna South base camp and 8 breakfasts in city.
- Staffs: Trekking Leader/Guide, high altitude Sherpa, Liaison officer and necessary supporters for expedition.
- Transportation: Arrival/departure transfer and surface road-head transportation.
- Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes & official service charges. And food, air and road-head transportation, equipments, daily allowance of expedition supporters.
- International flight and departure taxes
- Original entry visa into Nepal
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Personal travel insurance covering such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Related charges for communication equipment and filming applied as per regulation
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal by air/road cargo.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls etc.
- Oxygen & Mask regulator
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Garbage fee (Refundable)
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking and expedition crews
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.