High Himalayan Expedition
Mount Makalu Expedition lies in the eastern part of Nepal. It rises to (8463m) above the sea level. Mr. Jean Couzy from France scaled Mt. Makalu for the first time on May 15, 1955 via West Face. It is the world's fifth highest peak and situated 14 miles east of Mount Everest between Everest and Kanchenjunga, on the Nepali-Tibetan border. The Japanese climbed Makalu in 1970, another French team climbed it in 1971 and a Yugoslav expedition reached the summit in 1975. In 1976 Spanish and Czechoslovakian teams joined up near the summit.
Climbing Route: Mt. Makalu has fixed five routes by every expedition team and four variations along with other interesting opportunities like the West Face, the Northeast from Nepal and North Flanks from Tibet. Our trek follows one of the most remote and unfrequented areas of Nepal. Starting to fly to Biratnagar and drive to Hile where we start to walk towards Arun River, we walk through the snow, rain and cloud prone Kauma. Base Camp is just south of the snout of the Barun Glacier at an elevation of 4823m. Finally, after the climbing of Mt. Makalu expedition, our trip will finish at Tumlingtar plateau where we take plane to fly in to Kathmandu directly
* Rim of the Kathmandu valley excursion
* Scenic mountain flight Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and return Kathmandu
* Summit Mount Makalu (8463m), the 5th highest mountain in the world.
* Magnificent view of Mt Kanchenjunga to the east and Mt Shishapangma to the west with several snow topped chain of mountains in between.
* Opportunity to explore the less visited areas of Makalu-Barun National Park
|NAP-MAK - 421
|Prices on request
|Minimum 2 upto 12 persons in one climbing team
|45 minute fly to Tumlingtar round trip flight from Kathmandu
|Kathmandu – Tumlingtar – Chichila – Num - Mumbuk – Makalu Base Camp – Summit – Tumlintar – Kathmandu.
|Mt. Makalu Expedition USD 1800 on Spring season, USD 900 on Autumn season, USD 450 on Winter/Summer
|3+ hotel in city on B/B and teahouse/lodges and tented accommodation during the climbing period.
- Fee: Royalty fee of Makalu expedition, national park entrance permit.
- Activities: Sightseeing, trekking and climbing as per the guideline itinerary.
- Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes upto higher camp for members, staffs and common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- Accommodation: 6 night’s hotel accommodation in cityand 48 nights lodges/tent during trekking and expedition period.
- Food: Full board on teahouse/tented [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and expedition upto Makalu base camp and 6 breakfasts in city.
- Staffs: Trekking Leader/Guide, high altitude Sherpa, Liaison officer and necessary supporter for expedition
- Transportation: Arrival/departure transfer and surface road-head and Scheduled flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and returnt flight.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And food, air and road-head transportation, equipments, daily allowance of expedition supporters.
- Your international flight
- Original entry visa into Nepal
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Personal travel insurance covering such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Related charges for communication equipment and filming applied as per the goverment rule and regulation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal by air/road cargo.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls etc.
- Oxygen & Mask regulator
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Garbage fee (Refundable)
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking and expedition crews
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.