Annapurna Panchase Trek
Annapurna Panchase trek is designed to those who have only little time but want a taste of the mountains and village life in non tourist trails in Nepal. Annapurna Panchase trek offers you panoramic Himalayan scenery of Macchapuchare, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Lamjung and Manaslu. The terrain varies from subtropical valleys of banana trees and rice paddies to high ridges covered in rhododendron forest. The area is inhabited mainly by Gurung people, who traditionally supply Gurkha soldiers to the British army.
To reach the Panchase trekking whether by tourist bus or by flight to Pokhara than start the trekking to Panchase valley then we pass through many villages and you will have ample time to take photographs and interaction with the local people. There are many different ethnic groups along the trail, but the predominant people in this area are the Gurungs. Together with the Magar and Chhetri peoples, the Gurungs are famous as soldiers in the British Army, better known as Gurkhas. The easiest access to Panchase is from the village of Badauri, which can be reached on foot or vehicle from Naudanda on the Baglung highway but if you wish to go Ghorepani Poon hill or Jomsom Muktinath trekking will be possible for your other adventure trekking trip in Annapurna region.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Lake valley of Pokhara
- One of the beat short camping trip around Pokhara valley
- Unforgettable closer Mountain View
- Mid-hill cultural and total wildness experience
- Inhabited by different ethnical groups
- Untouched biodiversity and natural heritage site
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||12 Nights/13 Days|
|Trip Start/Ends||Pokhara-Bhumdi/Dhampus Phedi-Pokhara|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||7-hours drive to Pokhara and start trek as per the itinerary.|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (2000m) 5/6-hrs average walks per day, an easy trail.|
|Season||Sept – Nov / March - April|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and best available home-stay/teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
Our guide pick you up from your hotel and transfer to the tourist bus station and drive approximately 6/7 hours to Pokhara (200km) through the beautiful river view & Nepalese countryside to reach the Pokhara. You will be arriving late afternoon at Pokhara approximately 2:00 O’clock and transfer to the hotel and rest of the time explores the surrounding lakeside areas. From the Pokhara valley you can see one of the most beautiful Himalayan panoramas in the world. The Annapurna and famous "Fishtail" mountain peak of Machhapuchhare tower over the tropical setting of Pokhara and you spend there will be the scenic highlight of your trip. You can also fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes about 25 minutes.
Start the day with a drive to Thado Khola, passing beautiful Davis Falls on the way. Trek to Bhumdi through lush forest teeming with interesting flora and fauna. The trail starts up a long staircase to a ridge before dropping down to Bhumdi. In Bhumdi you will have good views of Himalchuli, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Annapurna range and Fishtail.
If the weather is clear, you will have more opportunities to view the beautiful mountains along the trail. This day’s trek takes us up through forest and then on to Bhanjyang, a small settlement at the foot of Panchase. From here the views over Pokhara Valley and Phewa Lake are awesome.
Hike to the Panchase Hill summit (2500m) for a panoramic view of the Annapurna peaks, Dhaulagiri, and Manaslu. The ruins of the temple at the summit sometimes shelter a holy man. The trek continues uphill steeply through sparse forests and pastures to Chitre, where we overnight.
This day’s trek takes us past scattered villages to the village of Matathanti, where we stay overnight.
An easy walk this day before an ascent to Ghaundrung, the largest Gurung village in the region.
Take the day in Ghaundrung to rest and enjoy the scenic beauty of the area and the town.
Start off downhill to Modi Khola, crossing on a suspension bridge. The trail turns uphill to Landrung Village, where Machhapuchhre and Annapurna are visible from the trail. It’s an uphill walk through woodlands to Deurali, then a gradual downhill stretch to Pothana, where we stay overnight.
Walk to Damphus, then along the ridge to Phedi, passing rice fields and villages on the way then on to Pokhara. You’ll have time to relax or explore the Pokhara area.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Documents: ACAP entrancepiermit and; TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing and trekking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 3 night’s hotel in Kathmandu, 2 night hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing bedroom and 7 nights tented/lodges during trekking on twin or multi shared bedroom on mountain.
- Food: Full board on teahouse [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and 5 breakfast in city.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfe, Kathmandu to Pokhara and return transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipiment, air and road-head transportation
- International and local flight
- Travel insurance covering with emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal travel and trekking equipments
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.