Annapurna Royal Trek
Annapurna Royal trek trail will be good for those trekkers who like to go in less tourist area of Annapurna region. This trek can be a lifetime experience for those who dream the Nepal Himalaya trekking. This short trek commences from Pokhara, the valley of lakes offering panoramic views of the Annapurna massif as also of the Lamjung and Manaslu Himal. This route was first used by His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales Prince Charles was in 1980.
Royal trek starts after a 20 minute drive from Pokhara and leads up in to a ridge-line through Brahmin and Chettri villages. It has to be climbed gently up to Kalikasthan then walk through top of the green hills, can see mountain ranges of Annapurna, Manasulu and Dhaulagiri including through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, Magars dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys.
- Rim of the Kathmandu valley excursion
- Stunning and spectacular views of Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Machapuchre, Lamjung Himal, Dhaulagiri and other surrounding peaks
- Experience unbelievable Gurung and many different culture
- Many Buddhist Monastery and Hindu temples can visit.
- Trekking alone with Gurung Village and culture.
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||09 nights/10 days|
|Maximum Altitude||Kalikasthan (1370m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||7-hrs drive to Pokhara, and start trek as per the itinerary|
|The Route||Easy trail, maximum altitude (1370m), about 5-6-hrs average walks per day.|
|Season||Sept – Nov / March - April|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and home-stay/teahouse on mountain|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
Our guide pick you up from your hotel and transfer to the tourist bus station and drive approximately 6/7 hours to Pokhara (200km) through the beautiful river view & Nepalese countryside to reach the Pokhara. You will be arriving late afternoon at Pokhara approximately 2:00 O’clock and transfer to the hotel and rest of the time explores the surrounding lakeside areas. From the Pokhara valley you can see one of the most beautiful Himalayan panoramas in the world. The Annapurna and famous "Fishtail" mountain peak of Machhapuchhare tower over the tropical setting of Pokhara and you spend there will be the scenic highlight of your trip. You can also fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes about 25 minutes.
A broad trail starts through rice fields near the Army Camp, and then ascends through Rakhi Gaon to a Chautara, a resting place under a large Pipal tree. En-route, you can enjoy the views in panorama. From here the trails climb gently along a ridge top through the Brahmin and Chhetris villages towards Kalikasthan at (1370m). At the end, you should climb a short distance to the campsite which is situated above the village with panoramic view of mountain, Begnas Tal and Pokhara city.
After breakfast the trails follow along the forested ridge top walking through the villages. We walk along the ridge of the mountain with good views of Annapurna and Lamjung Himal. This day we can explore many villages and the rhododendron forests. At the end, you could descend gently towards Syaklung. From here, you can see panoramic views of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna ranges, Lamjung Himal and Manasalu.
Walk through the Gurung village, rhododendron and Sal forest. Half way through the walk there is a 400m descent, then a 600m ascent to arrive at Chisapani. This is the best view point at which to see the Himalayan Panorama. You will see Dhaulagiri to the west of Annapurna.
From Chisopani Danda, you descend along the ridge for an hour or so and descend steeply along the stone steps, into a small valley and stream that feeds Rupa Taal. Continue for a short distance through rice fields, and then make a final ascent to the ridge that separates Begnas Taal and Rupa Taal. This ridge is called Sundari Danda (720m.) means pretty Hills. From these hills, your trek continues climb gently and descends into Begnas Taal Bazaar. Now you can take a vehicle to get back to Pokhara.
You will be back to Kathmandu.
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing. Evening will have farewell meeting & dinner at Nepali typical restaurant.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Documents: ACAP entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing and trekking trip as per itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 night’s hotel in Kathmandu, 2 night hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing bedroom and 3 nights tented/lodges on twin or multi shared bedroom on mountain.
- Food: Full board on teahouse [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking 6 breakfasts in city.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfe, Kathmandu to Pokhara and return to Kathmandu transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- International flight and local flight
- Travel insurance covering with emergency Helicopter rescue
- Personal equipment
- Lunch & Dinner while in City
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fee while sightseeing in city
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.