Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
Chisapani Nagarkot trek both place are popular Mountain View spots offering excellent close view of Everest and Langtang ranges. Chisapani Nagarkot trek takes you beyond the rim of Kathmandu Valley through Sundarijal and into the hills to the north valley of the Shivapuri National Park 159 sq km (2760m), established in 2002. From here, fine views can be had of Ganesh Himal, Himalchuli, Manaslu and Langtang range. The entire hill is thickly forested and enjoys a rich flora and fauna then east to Nagarkot which is located at the distance of 32 km east of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2175m. Nagarkot is a small village famous for its panoramic mountain views. On a clear day one can see the spectacular views of the whole Langtang range, sunrise on the mountains and sunset views and then back to Kathmandu or you can also go to Changu Narayan (World Heritage site) from Nagarkot and then walk down to the Sankhu and take a bus to Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu valley excursion
- The closet trekking routes from Kathmandu
- A relatively easy trail
- Sundarijal hydropower project
- Stunning Mountain views
- Unique ethnic group and majority of Tamang, Chhetri, Brahamn & Tibetan
- Sunrise and sunset view from Nagarkot
- A lot photographic opportunities
- Ecologically well managed bio-diversity
|Trip Grade||An easy trail|
|Trip Duration||6 Nights/7 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-CHI- 301|
|Trip Start/Ends||Kathmandu, Sundarijal/Nagarkot, Kathmandu|
|Maximum Altitude||Chisapani and Nagarkot (2194m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 16 persons in one group|
|Accessibillity||Easy to transfer to and from Kathmandu to trail-head by a short drive trek too|
|The Route||Maximum altitude (2194m) an easy trail and popular short trek.|
|Season||Throughout the year|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and best available teahouse/lodge on mountain.|
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan international airport, welcomed by our representative and transfer to hotel. The remainder of the afternoon is at leisure. A pre trip meeting and briefing will held all together with you at hotel about the daily program activities by company representative and your trip Leader/Guide where you can discuss your final questions all together.
After breakfast the day will start with a guided tour of Kathmandu's historical and spiritual key attractions; including the historic Kathmndu Durbar Square, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and then finally visit to Patan Durbar square which is situated the heart of the city constitutes the focus of visitor's attraction. In the evening there will be pre-trip discussion where you can meet your group leader/guide then you can ask any questions you may have.
Drive from Kathmandu to the Sundarijal northern edge of the Kathmandu valley for about 1 hour by private transport, there is a small dam and a hydroelectricity station. The walk leads to a climb through wet, subtropical forest to an oak forest and on to Mulkharka, the sprawling Tamang settlement from where you can have a view of the entire Kathmandu valley. The trail again ascends through oak forest to a pass called Burlung Bhanjyang (2440m) then the route heads down the ridge through a forest of oak and rhododendron to Chisapani, for the overnight stop. Chisapani, offers fabulous panoramic views of the Jugal himal range including Langtang, Ganesh himal and as far towards Mt. Everest in the far east and Manaslu, Annapurna towards far west.
This day trek leads through the forest and along the ridge; with spectacular views of Annapurna, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal The walk towards Nagarkot has outstanding views of the Himalayas, the trail leads through interesting rural farm villages. Along the ridge between the Chisapani and Nagarkot there is excellent panoramic scenery of the surrounding verdant landscapes and snow capped mountain ranges including Sunrise and Sunset view.
After a wonderful morning where you can watch the sunrise over mountains and enjoy grand panoramic views we will continue our trek. The walk descends most of the way passing through rural farm villages giving you the opportunity to meet the friendly locals. Trek on the terraces and enjoy fabulous views of the surrounding landscapes as far as Bhaktapur city. After a good walk of 3-4 hours we reach our destination at Changhunarayan, Changunarayan an ancient temple, listed as a world heritage site; from here we transfer to the Bhaktapur for sightseeing, the city contains many temples and other architectural showpieces like lion gate, statue of King Bhupatindra Malla, Picture gallery, the golden gate, the palace of 55 windows and finally an hours drive leads back to Kathmandu, where you can rest after a wonderful time up in the hills.
This full day at leisure to rest, relax or explore the local area in Kathmandu or do a bit of last minute shopping. You also have the option of doing some sight-seeing. Evening will have farewell meeting & dinner at Nepali typical restaurant.
After breakfast you will have some free time until the time to leave the international airport for your final departure.
- Documents: Sundarijal national park entrance permit and TIMS card
- Activities: Sightseeing, hiking trip as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on twin shering bedroom and 2 nights lodges on twin or multi shared bedroom during the trip
- Food: Full board on Teahouse (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and 4 breakfast in city.
- Staffs: Leader/Guide and supporters and their daily wage, food, and accommodation
- Transportation: Airport arrival/departure transfer, Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Nagarkot to Kathmandu transportation.
- Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And Crew’s, daily wages/salary, food, equipment, air and road-head transportation
- International and domestic flight
- Personal travel and trekking equipments
- Lunch and dinner while in City
- Items of a personal nature such as normal drinks, hot shower, dessert, laundry, internet and phone call.
- Tips/Gratuities for your trekking crews
- Temple and Monastery entrance fees
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.