High Himalayan Expedition
Mount Dhaulagiri expedition begins after the arrival of all climbers in Kathmandu, the group will meet up with the staffs of Nepal Adventure Point for introduction and briefing about the trip. The next day is the day for sightseeing in Kathmandu. You will be taken around for a tour of Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath, Patan and Swoyambhunath - the monkey temple. This tour will help you to understand about the historical and cultural background of Nepal, Kathmandu valley and the people of Nepal. The next couple of days are for checking equipments, final preparations, packing and other necessary document for Mount Dhaulagiri expedition.
After official procedure we have scheduled drive to Beni via Pokhara from Kathmandu on a popular city of Lake valley then commence trek to Tatopani and trek towards Ghasa, Kalopani, Marpha then head towards Dhaulagiri base camp. We spend couple of day at base camp for climbing training such as; how to use Oxygen, mask and regulator.
Normally, four camps will be set up for the climbing. Advance base camp will be set up at 5,300m. This is used for depositing the stuff and not as camping due to avalanche danger. Camp I will be set up at 5,900m. On the Col. which requires climbing towards the east from the Advance Base Camp. Camp II will be fixed at 6,400m. This will require stretches of steep climbing. From Camp II, we climb towards west side with steep climbing and arrived Camp III at 7,200m. We then climb towards the East Ridge. When we get over the ridge, we will have to be very careful climbing over the ridge and probably, we will have to face strong wind while climbing and arrive at Camp IV, 7,500m. The climbing of this section is considered the most difficult in the expedition. Then we will push the summit and return to Camp III if everything goes well as planned. If we could not approach the summit from Camp IV due to bad weather or other reasons, we will have to fix bivouac at 7,900m and next day try to push to the summit. After the summit, you will return to Kathmandu and the farewell dinner will be at typical Nepali restaurant enjoying together with Nepali culture show program.
* Rim of the Kathmandu valley excursion
* Trekking in remote areas and climbing the seventh highest mountain in the world.
* Stunning peak rising 7000 meters from Kali Gandaki Gorge.
* One of the difficult 8000 meters peaks in Nepal.
* Consists of five ridges offering several possible climbing routes.
|Trip Duration||45 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-DHU - 120|
|Trip Start/Ends||Kathmandu-Beni/Jomsom- Kathmandu|
|Maximum Altitude||Summit Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 12 persons in one climbing group|
|Accessibillity||Fly or drive to Pokhara and drive Beni to trail-head, after the successful summit Dhaulagiri fly back from Jomsom to Pokhara.|
|The Route||Kathmandu – Pokhara – Beni – Marpha – Yak Kharka – Dhaulagiri Base Camp – Summit Mt. Dhaulagiri – Jomsom – Kathmandu|
|Permit Fee||Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition USD 1800 on Spring season, USD 900 on Autumn season, USD 450 on Winter/Summer|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B and teahouse/lodges and tented accommodation during the climbing period.|
- Fee: Royalty fee of Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition, national park entrance permit.
- Activities: Sightseeing, trekking and expedition as per the guideline itinerary.
- Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes upto higher camp for members, staffs and common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- Accommodation: 5 night’s hotel accommodation in city and 34 nights lodges/tent during trekking and expedition period.
- Food: Full board on tented [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and expedition upto Dhaulagiri base camp and 5 breakfasts in city..
- Staffs: Trekking Leader/Guide, high altitude Sherpa, Liaison officer and necessary supporters for expedition
- Transportation: Arrival/departure transfer and surface road-head transportation.
- Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes & official service charges. And food, air and road-head transportation, equipments, daily allowance of expedition supporters.
- International flight and departure taxes
- Original entry visa into Nepal
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Personal travel insurance covering such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Related charges for communication equipment and filming applied as per the goverment rule and regulation
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal by air/road cargo.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls etc.
- Oxygen & Mask regulator
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Garbage fee (Refundable)
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking and expedition crews
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.