High Himalayan Expedition
Mount Nuptse Expedition is a mountain in the Khumbu region of the Mahalangur Himal, in the Nepalese Himalayas. It lies two kilometers just south-west of Mount Everest. Nuptse I (7855m) was first summit by a British expedition on the north-ridge on May 16, 1961 by Dennis Davis and Sherpa Tashi. The name Nuptse is Tibetan and means west-peak, as it is the western part of the Lhotse and Nuptse massif. The main ridge, which is separated from Lhotse by a 7556m high saddle, is crowned by 7 peaks and goes west-northwest until its steep west-face drops down more than 2300m to the Khumbu-glacier.
While Nuptse is a dramatic peak when viewed from the south or west, and it towers above the base camp for the standard south Col route on Everest, it is not a particularly independent peak: its topographic prominence is only 319m. Hence it is not ranked on the list of highest mountains.
* Rim of the Kathmandu valley excursion
* Summit Mount Nuptse (7861m)
* Magnificent views of high mountains within Khumbu region including Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu, Pumori, Baruntse, and the majestic Ama Dablam.
* Opportunity to explore the high valleys including the culture and tradition of the authentic Sherpa culture
* Gain an adventure and thrill – filled climbing experience of Mt Nuptse for a life time achievement.
|Trip Duration||45 Days|
|Trip code||NAP-NUP - 224|
|Maximum Altitude||Summit of Mt. Nuptse (7855m)|
|Trip Cost||Prices on request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 12 persons in one climbing group|
|Accessibillity||35 minutes, round trip Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu.|
|The Route||Nouth-Ridge (First ascended by Dennis Davis on 16th May 1961)|
|Permit Fee||Mt. Nuptse Expedition USD 600 on Spring season, USD 300 on Autumn season, USD 150 on Winter/Summer|
|Trip Facilities||3+ hotel in city on B/B teahouse/lodges and tented accommodation during the climbing period.|
- Fee: Mt. Nuptse expedition permit, national park entrance permit.
- Activities: Sightseeing, trekking and expedition as per the guideline itinerary.
- Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes upto higher camp for members, staffs and common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- Accommodation: 6 night’s hotel accommodation in city and 38 nights lodges/tent during trekking and expedition period.
- Food: Full board on teahouse/tented [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the trekking and expedition upto Nuptse base camp and 6 breakfasts in city.
- Staffs: Trekking Leader/Guide, high altitude Sherpa, Liaison officer and necessary supporters for expedition
- Transportation: Arrival/departure transfer and surface road-head transportation and Scheduled flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and return flight to Kathmandu..
- Company & Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes & official service charges. And food, air and road-head transportation, equipments, daily allowance of expedition supporters.
- International flight and departure taxes
- Original entry visa into Nepal
- Lunch and dinner while in city
- Bar bills & Beverages
- Personal travel insurance covering such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Related charges for communication equipment and filming applied as per the government rule and regulation
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal by air/road cargo.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls etc.
- Oxygen & Mask regulator
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Garbage fee (Refundable)
- Tips/Gratuities for trekking and expedition crews
- Optional activities
- And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point
Please request our Trip Note advice and detailed itinerary.