Mount Cho Oyu Expedition
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition - The world's sixth highest mountain Cho Oyu (8201m) is situated on the Nepal/Tibet border, just 40 miles west of Mount Everest. Cho Oyu was first attempted in 1952 by an expedition organized and financed by the Joint Himalayan Committee of Great Britain as preparation for an attempt on Mount Everest the following year. The expedition was led by Eric Shipton and included Tom Bourdillon, but technical difficulties at an ice cliff above 6,650 m (21,820 ft) proved beyond their abilities. The mountain was first climbed on October 19, 1954 via the north-west ridge by Herbert Tichy, Joseph Jöchler and Sherpa Pasang Dawa Lama of an Austrian expedition.
The year 2004 was regarded as the Golden jubilee of this Cho Oyu Mountain in the field of expedition. The golden jubilee ceremony was organized by Nepal Mountaineering Association with grand fanfare and jubilantly. There were about 400 climbers from different region of the World during this golden jubilee ceremony and most of them made the summit. Most of the Cho Oyu expedition teams climb from Tibet side due the easy technique-climbing route.
* Rim of Kathmandu valley
* Nepal and Tibet border
* Learn about the Tibetan history and Buddhist culture in the Golden Triangle Cities - Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse;
* Summit Mount Cho Oyu
* Marvel at the most beautiful holy lake landscape at Namtso.
|Trip Duration||43 days|
|Trip code||NAP-CYO - 521|
|Maximum Altitude||Summit Mt. Cho Oyu (8201m)|
|Trip Cost||On Request|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 upto 12 passengers|
|Accessibillity||Scenic road-head drive to and from Kodari from Kathmandu through the Arniko Highway|
|The Route||Kathmandu drive to Nepal/Tibet board to reach Mt. Everest,, after completing Tibet tour, fly back to Kathmandu|
|Season||May-July / Sep-Dec|
|Trip Valid||This offer is valid on reservations made from September through December 31, 2018.|
|Trip Facilities||Standard hotel/Lodge both part of Tibet and Nepal, and camping during the climbing period.|
* Document: Royalty fee of Cho Oyu expedition and Tibet visa.
Activities: Sightseeing, hiking, trekking and expedition as per the guideline itinerary.
* Equipment: All necessary camping equipments, kitchen utilizes upto Cho Oyu Advance camp for members, staffs and common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
* Accommodation: 6 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and 6 night’s hotel in Tibet in a tourist class hotel and 27 nights tent during the expedition period.
* Food: Full board on tented [Breakfast, lunch and dinner] during the expedition upto Cho Oyu Advance base camp and 12 breakfasts and one farewell Dinner in Kathmandu.
* Staffs: Trekking Leader/Guide, high altitude Sherpa, Liaison officer and necessary supporter for expedition
* Transportation: Arrival/Departure transfer and surface road-head and gear cargo transportation by land transportation.
* Company and Government’s service charge: All applicable Government taxes and official service charges. And food, air and road-head transportation, equipments, daily allowance for climbing Sherpa, Liaison officer, cook, kitchen boy, insurance for climbing Sherpas, Liaison officer, cook, Kitchen boy, local porters, Walkie-talkie for each member for use during the course of the expedition, Generator or Solar panel at base camp for power supply and Gamow bag at the base camp .
* International flight and departure taxes
* Original entry visa into Nepal
* Re-entry visa for Nepal.
* Lunch and dinner while in city
* Bar bills and Beverages
* Personal travel insurance covering such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
* Related charges for communication equipment and filming applied as per regulation
* Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal by air/road cargo.
* Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls etc.
* Oxygen and Mask regulator
* High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
* Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
* Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
* Garbage fee (Refundable)
* Tips/Gratuities for trekking and expedition crews
* All monastery & temple entrance fee, while you are in city sightseeing
* Optional activities
* And unforeseen expenses which are out of control by Nepal Adventure Point